• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NikG

Reaction score
Are they any different from a material and construction quality?
Ring Jacket is better quality. Very well made suits with fantastic fabrics. If you can get a Ring Jacket suit on sale for same price as MJ Bale Collection RRP I'd pick Ring Jacket no doubt. However, MJ Bale Collection in outlets for <$600 I'd definitely take over a Ring Jacket on sale at $1200. Considering you can frequent them in outlets fairly regularly and you have the advantage of actually trying them on here, I'd stick to MJ Bale.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arigold the lapel buttonhole looks machine made?

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why u gotta savage me like that in front of everyone?

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You caught me. The suit is really only $450 from suitsupply 😂

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted any fits here. So here we go.

Hat: Akubra
Jacket: Canali
Shirt: Giampaolo Cucita a Mano
Tie: Tom Fort
Square: Drake's
Pants: Not sure - maybe Brax
Socks: Pantherella
Shoes: Crockett & Jones

I would love some more Insta followers, so please do check my sig.

View attachment 1383752
it would be easier if you just provide a clickable link, anyways, i have followed you.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it would be easier if you just provide a clickable link, anyways, i have followed you.
Thanks for following, I noticed that. I don't think clickable links to other social media are allowed under SF rules.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for live RnR streams on youtube for a Saturday night?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing my current corduroy trousers, from Charles Tyrwhitt and Land's End, for the past 8 - 10 years, and they're getting pretty worn. I'll have to retire them to weekend/casual wear rather than work.

I just noticed that Charles Tyrwhitt is currently selling pairs of wide-wale corduroy trousers for $39. If they're anything like the ones I've been wearing for the past decade, then that's a sensational deal and I just bought four pairs, in assorted colours.

So the question is - To cuff or not to cuff wide-wale corduroy trousers? Any opinions?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've always cuffed mine in the past, and I just bought the Charles Tyrwhitt trousers unfinished, in case I want to add cuffs.

However, I've been wearing Uniqlo's "vintage" chino pants uncuffed lately so I did wonder if I should just have plain hems on the cord trousers, too.

Contango

Reaction score
30% off MJBale for Click Frenzy. Bought a whopping one tie. SuitSupply gets all my suit business nowadays, and shirts are all online MTM, MJB are just too restrictive with sizes. They should’ve learnt from the Jermyn St shirt makers to have more than one option in sleeve lengths.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.