Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Foxhound, Feb 10, 2016.

1. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Senior member

thanks for clarifying, rakutens a safe beg but I'd probably only be comfortable buying bedfords and the bdu shirt jacket since I know my sizing. Thanks anyway gonna have to get over to japan sometime and cop all the stuff I like, missed out on eg x vans collab again this year :(

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

3. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Epaulet is my choice:

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/accessories/products/mens-dress-belt-chocolate-calfskin
    http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/accessories/products/mens-dress-belt-black-calfskin

4. Ransyn

Ransyn Active Member

^ on the topic of Japan fashion yesstyle and gmarket are also good for outwear if you wanna buy online

5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Speaking of outerwear I just posted up a really cool Paul Smith overcoat that doesn't see any wear any more I'm selling. Details in sig.

6. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

For those that jumped on the Barbour commander/beacon back in the hay day, does it still get much use or you've moved on to better options?

7. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Personally I think it's a great jacket. But it's not an essential piece on any wardrobe. I think Barbour beaufort is the jacket to have. For shorter gents bedale. I wear suits to work and have multiple over coats and Mac to go over. The days want to look rugged I put this( my only waxed jacket) over my suit.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  8. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

9. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

That looks pretty good, not sure which I prefer. Like you said it goes over your suit, I like the sound of having that as an option.

10. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

If the weather holds I'd highly recommend for any Sydneysider a visit to Cockatoo Island during the Biennale. The art is hit and miss but there is a great pop up bar with stunning grand vistas of the harbour. Mrs GF and had a pleasant Sunday glass of Pinot Noir lounging on the lawn, good retro music as well in the background.

11. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Senior member

I'll be in Sydney at the start of June. Will definitely check it out

12. md2010

md2010 Senior member

13. Arch3r

Arch3r Senior member

Gents,
    I'm off to Europe & Egypt in a week for 2 months. I'm planning on heading to George Cleverly while in London and picking up a pair of their George Loafers. The question is do I get dark brown calf or suede? I have a pair of Miserocchi driving shoes in dark brown but no loafers.

I'm planning on also dropping into Vass to pick up a pair of U Last 1075. I'll hit up the usual suspects whilst there but am so over budget I doubt I'll be buying much besides a few ties and nick nacks.

14. apropos

apropos Senior member

Yep, agree. Bought the Commander (in navy) to compliment my Bedale (in olive, no crazy windowpane), not replace it. Hopefully that will be 'it' for nicer casual outerwear for the South Australian winter.

15. apropos

apropos Senior member

Suede will not hold its shape as well as other leathers in my experience.

Not sure if this applies to you, but I was all over suede when I was new to this game - and have realised with the passage of time that it just doesn't make sense for most applications.

It's traditionally (in darker colours) a winter "staple", yet is the worst leather type to wear in the wet.

And for the light summer suede, grass stains and the like are an absolute b**** to clean.