• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember someone from the early half of the last century wistfully remembering the days you could drive home blind drunk. "F... nanny state eh"

But some things never change:

Markodevil

Reaction score
Hello, I am a newbie at this kind of thing. I am located in Melbourne and I am looking for a bespoke shirt, I really only know of Cecil, does anyone have any experience with them or any other recommendations within Melbourne?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a newbie at this kind of thing. I am located in Melbourne and I am looking for a bespoke shirt, I really only know of Cecil, does anyone have any experience with them or any other recommendations within Melbourne?
Maybe Charles Edward, in Crossley St?

If MTM is sufficient, you could extend to Oscar Hunt and P. Johnson.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The flow on from the hospitality shutdown is biting into the Providores business. Their is an article on SM Good Food which goes into details. Simon Johnson is doing Isolation Hampers which look to be good value for money. So sit back crack a bottle of Bollinger and down some first rate caviar at exceptional prices while the peasants attempt to breach the moat.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for Oz but in SG the Deliveroo/GrabFood/Foodpanda options are reducing every day. Not really sure why that is happening - would have assumed they'd do very good business!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for Oz but in SG the Deliveroo/GrabFood/Foodpanda options are reducing every day. Not really sure why that is happening - would have assumed they'd do very good business!
Same in Australia. It's because, prior to the pandemic, a lot of restaurants had eat-in customers plus some delivery business via Deliveroo/UberEats etc. Usually the eat-in business was the primary earner but the delivery business made some extra profit. Now that all restaurants, cafes etc have had to close to all eat-in customers, they only have delivery as an option and for many of them it simply does not bring in enough money. Even though they don't have to pay waitstaff at present, they're still losing money by paying for ingredients, electricity, gas and, of course, the cooking staff.

A few restaurants here have stayed "open" to make deliveries but most of them have shut as it is simply not financially worthwhile for them to operate on a delivery model alone.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same in Australia. It's because, prior to the pandemic, a lot of restaurants had eat-in customers plus some delivery business via Deliveroo/UberEats etc. Usually the eat-in business was the primary earner but the delivery business made some extra profit. Now that all restaurants, cafes etc have had to close to all eat-in customers, they only have delivery as an option and for many of them it simply does not bring in enough money. Even though they don't have to pay waitstaff at present, they're still losing money by paying for ingredients, electricity, gas and, of course, the cooking staff.

A few restaurants here have stayed "open" to make deliveries but most of them have shut as it is simply not financially worthwhile for them to operate on a delivery model alone.
Not to mention the 30% cut taken by UberEats etc

SpaceFunk

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone know of current suit fabric bunches which would contain a burgundy or wine linen or linen blend fabric?

Something which captures the colour and texture similar to the photo attached?
20200402_044449.jpg

Thanks!

conqueror

Reaction score
i know there are hardly any (decent) cobblers in the country, but some of the prices are absurd. pre-COVID it's often cheaper to just send it back to the manufacturer for repair, even if they're in the UK or US.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know there are hardly any (decent) cobblers in the country, but some of the prices are absurd. pre-COVID it's often cheaper to just send it back to the manufacturer for repair, even if they're in the UK or US.
Baxter & Black in Newtown

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they're the biggest price culprit he is referring to (though the work is fantastic)
There is Roger on the corner of Chalmers and Redfern St Redfern. He does excellent work.

Scuppers

Reaction score
Any decent cobblers in Melbourne? Last one i used - recommended by my shoe shop - did pretty shitty work and charged for an arm and a leg.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.