• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^To be frank, it looks like a design that the infamous Eric Glennie would come up with...

Terminator

Reaction score
I would stick to a core denim brand - Orslow, Studio D'Artisan or Full Count are my picks.
Care to elaborate on why you say this?

In my opinion, Ethan and Kenji do what they do very well. I’ve got the 133 denim and it’s a pretty great early 40s repro, and that’s actually not something the other brands you mention really do (that said, I like Full Count a lot).

What I like about the Bryceland’s: nice high rise, half selvage denim, lovely leather patch, and buttons which rust (although gimmicky I think this is quite cool). What I don’t like so much: the cut, at least on me, is very full with a bit too much room in the thighs, although I probably could’ve gone down a waist size.

I have quite a few pairs of jeans other than these including Freewheelers 1947s, three pairs of At Last (2 x Lee repro and one Levi’s repro), lots of LVC (5 pairs), a pair each of Warehouse Duck-Digger & Brown, RRL, etc.

My absolute favourite jeans are the Freewheelers 1947, followed by the Bryceland’s and At Last (probably too close to split).

Epicure

Reaction score

discomute

Reaction score
Went to Uniqlo today on the recommendations here for some Chinos. Decided on two and checked the rest of the place out, it's great, can't believe I've never been. At the last minute decided to order online so I could get the exact length I wanted. Walked to the tramstop only to realise I was still carrying the chinos...

...yes of course I took them back

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@discomute They do offer alterations in store.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do offer alterations in store.
It does depend upon the store - only the larger ones offer free alterations in store. It is very convenient, though - they're usually ready in an hour or even less, so you can easily buy them at lunchtime, leave them there for alterations, and pick them up on the way home.

Nolvadex

Reaction score
If you wanted to jump on the pleated pants trend and not spend a couple hundred dollars, Uniqlo just introduced it into their s/s u range

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7E0F41C6-A587-4B17-B55C-7F11ECB64D48.jpeg

Speaking of UNIQLO this jacket looks remarkably like the Steve Calder number i see a lot of on Instagram.In particular the pocket design.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to jump on the pleated pants trend and not spend a couple hundred dollars, Uniqlo just introduced it into their s/s u range
So I hop onto the Uniqlo Australia website to have a look at the Spring-Summer 2019 Uniqlo U range - and find that the trousers only seem to be available for waist sizes from 29" to 34"!

What!?!?

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.