• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Long time, no post. I think it's been 4 years.

Anyway no time for small talk, straight to business.

Do any of you wear a barbour beaufort? I've been looking for one to wear casually and over a suit.

If so - what have you done with sizing and where would you recommend ordering from?

Thanks!

I bought a secondhand Beaufort off eBay and didn't size up or down. YMMV and I'm sure others who've bought one recently can provide better info.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re stretching shoes - there's a few shoe stretchers around on the net - not all that expensive and they can double as a shoes tree.

The good ones have little changeable knobs of different sizes you can target spots on the shoes for stretching. Useful if you have bumps or growths on feet.

I saw some for sale a that Leather repair place in the Arcade in th city - melb - near that barbers shop with shaving products etc.

Ransyn

Reaction score
Try this I've only used samples but IMHO its got great sillage and lasts for ages http://www.mensbiz.com.au/fragrance/amouage-journey-man-eau-de-parfum-spray.html

Go into Mensbiz and get a sample of it also try Interlude Man

Got my sample of amouage Journey man today, probably like it more than LDDM, has a nice strong scent... just seeing how long itll stay on me before i make a final call, thanks for the suggestion @Geoffrey Firmin . Is there one you reccomend thats a bit more on the citrusy side of scents? Journey man seems like its a solid all rounder, but im thinking i want something a little more sweet for the warmer months. Aqua di gio i loved, just never lasted nor did it have much silliage. Any suggestions a long that line of scents?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my sample of amouage Journey man today, probably like it more than LDDM, has a nice strong scent... just seeing how long itll stay on me before i make a final call, thanks for the suggestion @Geoffrey Firmin
. Is there one you reccomend thats a bit more on the citrusy side of scents? Journey man seems like its a solid all rounder, but im thinking i want something a little more sweet for the warmer months. Aqua di gio i loved, just never lasted nor did it have much silliage. Any suggestions a long that line of scents?

CD is the resident fragrance guru and a fount of aromatised knowledge. As for citrus I favour Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Last edited:

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my sample of amouage Journey man today, probably like it more than LDDM, has a nice strong scent... just seeing how long itll stay on me before i make a final call, thanks for the suggestion @Geoffrey Firmin . Is there one you reccomend thats a bit more on the citrusy side of scents? Journey man seems like its a solid all rounder, but im thinking i want something a little more sweet for the warmer months. Aqua di gio i loved, just never lasted nor did it have much silliage. Any suggestions a long that line of scents?
Amouage is incense. If you like citrus, try Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Aqua Universalis or Cologne Pour Le Matin.

TheBlerch

Reaction score
Hi Gents, I'm a long time here lurker on SF, and finally decided to join today. I'm based in Melbourne and I've introduced myself over on the main intro thread, but thought I'd say hello to the local folk. Cheers.

herringbonePete

Reaction score

I bought a secondhand Beaufort off eBay and didn't size up or down. YMMV and I'm sure others who've bought one recently can provide better info.

I seem to remember them running fairly accurate but the advise I got years back was to size up to get over your jacket (mine was a 40 when I'm normally 36). So mine bought back in the mid 90s runs baggy..should have got a 38..

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my sample of amouage Journey man today, probably like it more than LDDM, has a nice strong scent... just seeing how long itll stay on me before i make a final call, thanks for the suggestion @Geoffrey Firmin
. Is there one you reccomend thats a bit more on the citrusy side of scents? Journey man seems like its a solid all rounder, but im thinking i want something a little more sweet for the warmer months. Aqua di gio i loved, just never lasted nor did it have much silliage. Any suggestions a long that line of scents?

Citrus scents tend to be for the warmer weather, and often don't last long. Like you, I like a good citrus. For the colder weather, I look for some combination of citrus and spice, amber, honey etc. L'Artisan's Sevile a l'Aube work well for me, amongst a few others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads