1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Foxhound, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Journeyman

Journeyman Distinguished Member

I don't have any recommendations for Sydney, but invisible mending is generally pretty damned expensive, especially if the cloth has any sort of pattern or anything other than a plain weave.

I had a small hole in the front of a pair of trousers once, due to a moth attach, and I was quoted $120 to have that single hole mended, in a pair of plain charcoal trousers. Unless the item is really something special, it may simply not be worth it.

2. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Distinguished Member

Its okay Journeyman, according to the scientific review released this week, insects are becoming extinct faster than we thought. We'll get the last laugh on those fine cloth eating bastards yet.

3. conqueror

conqueror Senior Member

i'm gonna bus from canberra to sydney for the nackymade trunk show (hopefully they can make a pair for my massive head) at o'mast in a fortnight.

any recommendations for CBD solo dinner spots on a friday night? figure i'd arrive around 1pm and leave by 9pm or so. if i was with my partner we would stay the night and do something, but she's gonna be in melbourne for work.

4. Contango

Contango Senior Member

@conqueror Fratelli Fresh on Bridge St has a bar you can sit at, same goes for No. 1 Bent St by Mike. The food is better at the latter. Then hop on a train from Wynyard to Central to catch the bus back.

5. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

Is No1 Bent by Mike the same brigade which ran Kitchen by Mike?

6. boot_owl

boot_owl Senior Member

Who’s hosting Nacky?

7. Contango

Contango Senior Member

Yep, Mike McEnearny. Only been to Bent St myself.

8. jraniti

jraniti Well-Known Member

Thought I’d post this in here as it may catch they eye of someone. Am Melbourne based and am looking to sell this lounge chair. It’s relevance to this thread is it has been professionally upholstered using Maharam Paul Smith fabric. This fabric itself costs a pretty penny, but happy for it to go to a home that can appreciate it! Inbox me if interested, it is in perfect condition. Cheers

8A3C9960-9BE2-4C07-8114-1A8E1BAA5C72.jpeg

36A159FD-C519-4BD3-A244-4D2E28CB50D7.jpeg

9. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Distinguished Member

10. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

Anyone in Canberra interested?
    [​IMG]
    Dormeuil x Braddon Tailors Trunk Show Collaboration

Morganson’s Finery, the ACT’s leading menswear destination, is hosting its latest trunk show from the renowned fabric mill Dormeuil.

Customers attending the trunk show day will have the opportunity to make an appointment to speak with Hugo from Dormeuil, one of the finest fabric mill’s in the world, to discuss the latest launch of their Tonic wool bunches and other exciting developments from their world-class range.

Dormeuil fabric combined with the unique Morganson’s Made to Measure suiting designs normally start at $2299 for a two piece suit. Customers who make an order for a two piece suit from the Dormeuil range during the trunk show will receive a second pair of trousers and will receive the first six months of After Care servicing for the suit for free (valued at approximately $500).

The Dormeuil trunk show will be running from Friday, 1 March through Sunday, 3 March 2019 with appointments required to meet with Hugo.

Contact the team at [email protected] or call 6181 6442 for further information and to book an appointment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Journeyman

Journeyman Distinguished Member

I must admit that I'm intrigued by this bit. What does "After Care servicing" for a suit entail?

Hopefully not alterations, as that should be included in the cost of a made-to-measure suit.

Dry-cleaning and pressing? You'd have to be doing that a heck of a lot for it to be worth $500.

12. Marbles

Marbles Senior Member

From my reading, the $500 includes the extra pair of trousers.

13. fxh

fxh Distinguished Member

14. jraniti

15. jraniti

Thursday.