• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
How quickly is the the new GST policy going to be implemented? Will individuals be charged processing fees in addition to the GST? Wondering whether or not I should order items with fast (and more expensive) shipping now.

gpt293

Reaction score
I’ve either got pointier than average elbows or sit strangely, which has lead to a number of early retirements for pieces of clothing. The latest victim is my favourite inis meain jumper. I’ve attached a picture of the damage.

Am I going to have any luck getting this repaired without patching or do I just have to suck up the patched look? If the former, any recommendations for someone to do the work in Melbourne?

BCDDAF7F-C04C-4F0D-ABD0-2170FAED3210.jpeg

Article 26

Reaction score
I’ve either got pointier than average elbows or sit strangely, which has lead to a number of early retirements for pieces of clothing. The latest victim is my favourite inis meain jumper. I’ve attached a picture of the damage.

Am I going to have any luck getting this repaired without patching or do I just have to suck up the patched look? If the former, any recommendations for someone to do the work in Melbourne?

View attachment 991153

View attachment 991153
There is the clothing doctor on riversdale road, hawthorn. Though, I haven’t used them, have friends that do. I’d call elegant dry cleaning on high street, armadale, and ask if they could supply the name of someone capable for a repair or reweave service.

A lathe to the elbow may be a good future preventative measure.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a Russian lady in an alterations shop in a small arcade on Glenferrie Road around 200m north of the intersection with Wattletree. She does really good invisible repair work.

The arcade has Elliott's Photography Centre on the corner. Alterations shop is the second-last shop of the arcade, on the left as you walk in.

I suspect it will be a lot cheaper than $150. Whether she accepts the job or not is a different matter.

Decreased

Reaction score
How quickly is the the new GST policy going to be implemented? Will individuals be charged processing fees in addition to the GST? Wondering whether or not I should order items with fast (and more expensive) shipping now.

I didn't think July 1 shipping date would be an issue, only purchase/ invoice dates?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What type of economic modeling did they use for this? Did the add the administration costs to this cluster **** at The Treasury? Or is this another thought bubble exercise like I witnessed with the FIRB changes back in 2009 in relation to the housing market? Mind you it took a couple of years to fix that up. So who knows.

Decreased

Reaction score
But how would they distinguish the two when the parcel arrives at customs?

Maybe someone already knows? I don't, and I'm not sure they do.
Invoice usually does ship with the goods, so maybe they'll check, maybe they'll have a grace period, or maybe they'll apply the gst even thought it didn't apply when you bought the goods.

All I know is my Barbour jacket from end and trickers from Mr P should come this week and warm me up.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought this green Boglioli SC from Ownly. Sadly it is a 54L, not a 54R and I don't think I can make it work for me. Measurements in their ad are pretty right, but I don't think I can take 1.5"-2" off the sleeves now that I've tried it on.

Ownly have been very reasonable and have offered a free return. I'll take them up on it but I thought I might see if anybody here would like to grab it first. I'm just looking to get the $325 I paid, and will pay for domestic shipping.

zhenjie

Reaction score
I've got a pair of brand new, never worn, MTO Epaulet Taylor Fit trousers/pants in Light Mushroom English Drill (aka Walnut). The fabric was very popular and sold out.

Trousers are made by Hertling, and one of the finest you can have made in the USA. Very versatile colour and perfect for their Taylor fit imo.

Size 32", Taylor Fit (High Waist, Single Pleat with a Tapered Leg). Standard enclosure and customized with side-adjusters, thus no belt loops.

Pics and info on their trousers: https://epauletnewyork.com/collecti...018-cotton-linen-blends?variant=2437965119497

I'll take photos later in the week if anyone is interested. The fabric can be seen at the 1:22min mark in this video (). Cost me $310 AUD landed, happy to sell to Australian forum members for $250 AUD delivered. A new MTO pair would set you back $415 AUD at the moment.

Selling to fund a pair in their Gable style in REDA Hopsack fabric.

Example of the Taylor Trouser
Taylor_Trouser_Text_646bdd58-685b-4b00-af71-125d09a6cd30_600x.jpg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@zhenjie Nice style but the legs are far too short in that photo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads