• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That article about the death of ties has a gentleman wearing a FIH, dimpleless and with a small unflattering collar. There is nothing in that article that could save the tie!

PDub

Reaction score
I am so miffed to have missed out on the Ownly.com sale - or at least, on the EG Dovers which are now sold out. Guess I should have been checking this threak more often.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to when American Tailors might be starting their sale?

Hi Coxsackie and all,
I was one of those who jumped on the EG Dovers from Ownly.com. Unfortunately for me they made a mistake and sent me the wrong size. I am planning to return them in the coming week for a refund. They are size 10.5E/11 on the 888.
Happy to pass them on to anyone who is keen to cover what I paid which was $1030. Feel free to send me a PM.
I was a little sceptical about the dover on 888 but they look fantastic, which of course makes the ownly cockup extra galling...

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I ended up ordering a pair of Monmouth derbies 9.5E/10 on the same 888 last. I assumed that 9.5 was British sizing - hope to hell I'm right. However, if I'm wrong, then 10.5 would be 9.5 in British sizing, in which case I would jump on your Dovers.

Let me know - via PM if preferred.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I ended up ordering a pair of Monmouth derbies 9.5E/10 on the same 888 last. I assumed that 9.5 was British sizing - hope to hell I'm right.

Yes, the 9.5 is the UK sizing and the 10 is the US sizing.

Personally, I find that I have to go up half a size in Edward Green - I usually take a UK9.5 (and sometimes a UK9 in certain shoes) but have to wear a UK10/US10.5 in EG's 202 and 606 lasts.

patekman

Reaction score
You should be fine
I also just ordered a pair of Monmouth...not sure if they will be good but let's see

OK, I ended up ordering a pair of Monmouth derbies 9.5E/10 on the same 888 last. I assumed that 9.5 was British sizing - hope to hell I'm right. However, if I'm wrong, then 10.5 would be 9.5 in British sizing, in which case I would jump on your Dovers.

Let me know - via PM if preferred.

Styleternity

Reaction score
Missus & I heading to Thailand toward the tail end of the year (November) for a wedding.

This thread has been a treasure trove of travel related advice; and in that spirit, I'm very interested to hear if anyone has recommendations for Phuket.

Been stalking the GST levying news for a while; another nail in the coffin of Australian globalism. Shame to hear.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
Fox steel tube with whangee handle, or whangee handle on beach stick? I'm inclined to go the later, even though I already have a stick brollie.

Article 26

Reaction score
BC15250B-35E2-475E-B372-0951D91083C1.jpeg
827277AC-5FB0-4A00-B8E9-0B2A2ADFBA22.jpeg
Fox steel tube with whangee handle, or whangee handle on beach stick? I'm inclined to go the later, even though I already have a stick brollie.
Stick everytime.
I received this MTO a few weeks ago:
Scorched Maple (solid) and Buchanan tartan.
Bolder than I’d usually go, but love it.

Article 26

Reaction score
^ I agree.

http://www.kentwang.com/misc?cat=71

I've already got the hickory navy. Thinking of getting either the black watch hickory, burgundy hickory, navy pindot whangee or navy whangee before the GST changes.
Blackwatch is great, burgundy & whangee is so classical I’d have trouble arguing against it.
I have a navy pin-dot (passotti, with red leather handle) never use it. Burgundy or BW, hard call. Though, burgundy is the more versatile - well, for my wardrobe.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smooth bernie