1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Foxhound, Feb 10, 2016.

1. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Welcome, post and pontificate away!

2. The Ernesto

What was this about?

3. fxh

fxh Senior member

You don't know?

4. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Citrus scents tend to be for the warmer weather, and often don't last long. Like you, I like a good citrus. For the colder weather, I look for some combination of citrus and spice, amber, honey etc. L'Artisan's Sevile a l'Aube work well for me, amongst a few others.

1 person likes this.
  5. The Ernesto

Why would I ask a question that I know the answer to?

Do you take me for a lawyer?

(Don't bother responding, have been informed that 'TC' is TBM.)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  6. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Beautiful suit. It's just - I dunno - not "me". I think Tom Ford suits are probably for younger, fitter men.

BTW, TC as TBM FTW, tho YMMV.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ransyn

Ransyn Active Member

awesome ill add it to my list of samples to get =]

Ah fair enough, thanks for the information, was hoping to find a good citrus smell that lasted for most of the day but i guess its a trade off. Ill have a gander at your suggestion to see how i find it. My knowledge in the scent department is pretty much nothing so any suggestions are greatly appreciated since i wouldnt know where to really start. I only found out today that Citrus was the main notes that i wanted out of a cologne since i had a look at what area Aqua di gio primarily resided in.

Again appreciate the help

8. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Acqua di Gio not really citrus, it is aquatic. The problem with aquatic is they all smell the same eg Issey Miyake, Cool Water, etc. If you keep at this hobby long enough, you will probably also be bored of citrus too eventually! Just keep trying loads of stuff. A cheaper hobby than shoes.

9. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Eau....Eau Sauvage. For citrus,has staying power.

10. Inc Interest

Inc Interest Member

Thanks Gerry and Pete.

I will try and buy mine new.

I appreciate the benefits of buying 2nd hand barbours in terms of price and the jacket already being slightly worn but I hope to have mine for a while and therefore ought to be able to wear it in myself.

11. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Pure citrus is usually for warmer weather but in the world of fragrance there's always exceptions. Eg L'Instant de Guerlain. Citrus+cocoa essentially a warm citrus, the edp version of which has solid longevity.

12. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Thanks for the heads up, what particular arcade are you referring to?

13. Ransyn

Ransyn Active Member

lots of suggestions for scents being thrown around. Given me a good list of samples to try, appreciate the help from everyone =]

14. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

Far too polite, you won't fit in here.

15. RKLan

RKLan Well-Known Member

There is a piece on RM Williams in today's Financial Review Magazine if you gents happen to have one handy. Some history and then the buy out by the French. Just an fyi if you see the mag lying around.

1 person likes this.
  16. fxh

fxh Senior member

GQ Magazine
    What Is Going On with Australia’s 2016 Olympic Uniforms?

BY MATT SEBRA. March 30, 2016

[​IMG]

We're not going to sit here and assume it's easy to distill an entire nation's identity into one outfit. After all, the line between championing a country's codes and colors and laughably exploiting them is a fine one.
    But why are so many Olympic opening ceremony kits so bad? Every two years, without fail, a host city's welcome mat to the world's best athletes turns into a parade of epically bad outfits.
    You know the ones: over-embroidered, poorly executed business casual rigs airline attendants wouldn't be caught dead in a spectrum of retina-searing colors. It's as if these countries want to declare their homeland devoid of any sartorial innovation for the last twenty years.

Maybe that's why Australia's just-unveiled 2016 opening ceremonies outfits for Rio are such a head scratcher. Apparently, the design is inspired by the country's uniforms from the 1924 Paris Olympics, a move that handicapped these from the get-go.

Simply put, this is not how we picture athletic Aussie mates in our minds—this is how we picture the latest cast of Below Deck. The combo of a white and green striped blazer with white shorts (or skirt for the ladies) is giving off major "standard issue yacht crew" vibes which, we're betting, weren't what the makers of the outfits—Australian brand Sportscraft—had in mind when pulling them together. If The Official Preppy Handbook became sentient, this is what its enslaved army might look like.

[​IMG]

17. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Senior member

Walking along Queen st, this guys pants are so short you can see his socks...
    above his rmw's

1 person likes this.
  19. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

I half expect to see the blokes outfits appear in the summer spring/summer MJ Bale catalogue. Powerful female athletes and role models and they've dressed them as flight attendants, which I don't mind for other reasons but yeah not the best outfit or photo shoot to represent our athletes.

20. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Wish we kept our national colours as white and sky blue.