• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
69EF5EA6-1F97-4929-AF48-D852F3ECE588.jpeg

I know its 29c here in Canberra but seriously these gloves from Double Monk.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen I need the hive minds POV I have a pair of Lands End linen/cotton trousers which have pleated fronts and there is sufficent fabric to add cuffs. Been years since I have worn cuffed trousers so none in the wardrobe. The opinion is that at 5’11 I should get cuffs of either 1 and 1/2 inches or 1 and 3/4 inches. Bit of quandary so learned opinion sought.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GF, it really depends upon your personal preferences.

I tend to get all of my trousers with cuffs, with the exception of cotton chino pants. I typically get 2" cuffs and I'm only an inch or so taller than you.

So, if it were me, I'd go for 1.75" cuffs.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'11" and always get 2" cuffs FTW.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuffed trousers hang better but when you’re constantly dancing, ladies heels getting caught in them is a real problem :/

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I finally finished the last remaining smear in my tub of Occam's shaving cream. Any suggestions for a replacement, since they seem to have gone out of business?

I've been using Geo F Trumper Sandlewood shaving cream for about two years now and am quite pleased with it. I was using Taylor of Old Bond Street before that, but this definitely feels like a step up from it. I tried the Shaving Soap, but was never able to get a decent lather with it.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I finally finished the last remaining smear in my tub of Occam's shaving cream. Any suggestions for a replacement, since they seem to have gone out of business?

Cannot recommend highly enough Santa Maria Novella's shaving cream. Picked some up in Florence in July. Great smell and weight (if that makes sense). Plus despite regular use have hardly made a dint in it. There are a few places you can get SMN in Melbourne, including here - http://www.robinsonman.com/

Has anyone visited Robinsons? Such a great brand range and close to my house - cannot quite believe I missed them. I must go soon

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GF try going with the same length height as the waistband for your cuffs

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a search and picked up two tubs from the US.

I agree with Pink Socks I tried a sample of the Santa Maria Novella and was quite impressed will get some once the Occam’s runs out.

@Foxhound That book arrive yet?

Last edited:

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score
Gentlemen I need the hive minds POV I have a pair of Lands End linen/cotton trousers which have pleated fronts and there is sufficent fabric to add cuffs. Been years since I have worn cuffed trousers so none in the wardrobe. The opinion is that at 5’11 I should get cuffs of either 1 and 1/2 inches or 1 and 3/4 inches. Bit of quandary so learned opinion sought.
I'm a bit shorter than you and tend to go for 2 inches. You had my interest at cotton/linen trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads