• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sydney-siders: any recommendations for shops with a good selection of jeans? I'll head to a Levis store, but if there are any others let me know. Don't want to break the bank on some $350 pair of jeans, but just need somewhere with a lot of variety to try on. Sick of ill fitting jeans

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just on this summer fabrics discussion, I found a sports coat today made of 100% bamboo. It's luxuriously soft and feels like it would make a great summer fabric. I won't know how it behaves with wrinkling until I wear it for a bit, but it looks and feels really good.
We bought some bamboo sheets earlier this year the softness of the fabric is fantastic.

Wowee Zowee

Reaction score
Sydney-siders: any recommendations for shops with a good selection of jeans? I'll head to a Levis store, but if there are any others let me know. Don't want to break the bank on some $350 pair of jeans, but just need somewhere with a lot of variety to try on. Sick of ill fitting jeans
Uniqlo, DJs honestly. Maple in Newtown which does have quite a few in the $350 range but also carries some reasonably priced.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Wallabies 23 v All Blacks 18. Wahoo this veil of years has been rent asunder.

Nolvadex

Reaction score
Agree entirely and have worn linen for years in the office. Splashed out on a Trenery Solbiati linen/wool/silk job last week and got the extra Irish linen pants for the other type of suit (flax colour) in the deal= (worth $200). Took them to Hayel Saad in Pitt St for alterations and he commented on how nice was the Solbiati suit. I've ordered the flax colour jacket from another store. The navy blue is nice as well. Baird McNutt Irish linen. I have a couple of Landsend suits I have worn for like nearly 10 years in that material so I had chucked one flax one and am replacing with the Trenery. Half canvassed BTW for all up $600 and you get a free pair of pants ($200) from another colour or equivalent from Trenery at price of the pants. Maybe your solution if you want linen.

I'm going to Penang for a wedding in February and was looking to pick up a linen suit but had no clue where to get one. The linen and linen blend suits look pretty solid, I will have to check them out.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen has grown and grown in popularity every year. The shops are full of it this year more than ever. The punters must know something.
I have a more prosaic reason: cost.

Linen is cheap. Wool is getting more and more expensive every year - and prices continue to climb courtesy of our big red friend. Linen is less hard wearing than wool - think replacement cycles.

All said with my tin foil hat firmly on. Get off my lawn!! :D

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I buy a Baracuta G9 in Sydney or at least try one on?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could either be a L or XL depending on sizing.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, as part of a closet cleanout, I've put a bunch of stuff for sale on eBay. Check it out if you have a chance:

https://goo.gl/TgL13N

Some of it will be great for summer.
Already did. Some very nice stuff there, but sadly too small. What can't you be fatter Gerry?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads