• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

orlais

Reaction score
I am looking for somewhere to get metal toe-taps attached to some shoes that I have recently bought and would like recommendations of a cobbler in Melbourne who can install them without risking damage to my C & J shoes. Additionally I also have a pair of suede brogues that are in need of TLC and I would also like recommendations of a cobbler in Melbourne who can help with this too.
I did search the forum but only found threads or posts from the previous decade and the info might not be up to date.
Rekaris on Russell Street is your best bet.

RKLan

Reaction score
Must say does pay to occasionally check in with MJ Bale at season end sometimes. Sure not top shelf stuff always but can get decent quality for your money.

Their current further 25% off coupled with everything I have been eyeing up on sale meant I got a suit, 2 field jackets, overcoat and trench for a touch over 1k. Helps that their OTR fits me quite well.

Wouldn't touch it for full price though, trench was originally marked at $700.o_O

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must say does pay to occasionally check in with MJ Bale at season end sometimes. Sure not top shelf stuff always but can get decent quality for your money.

Their current further 25% off coupled with everything I have been eyeing up on sale meant I got a suit, 2 field jackets, overcoat and trench for a touch over 1k. Helps that their OTR fits me quite well.

Wouldn't touch it for full price though, trench was originally marked at $700.o_O

Agreed - I finally picked up the denim shirt I was eyeing for half it’s retail price. Many other things on their site that caught my eye that is on the Want list, but I’ve just invested in some cotton linen shirts from Kamakura for the summer ahead.

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score
Agreed - I finally picked up the denim shirt I was eyeing for half it’s retail price. Many other things on their site that caught my eye that is on the Want list, but I’ve just invested in some cotton linen shirts from Kamakura for the summer ahead.
How are they? The only thing stopping me was the cut that should fit me didn't have a chest pocket.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are they? The only thing stopping me was the cut that should fit me didn't have a chest pocket.

The New York slim fit fits somewhere between an MJB super slim and samurai. Sleeves are lengthy which is good for people with long arms. Fit is good, no pulling around the chest or waist for my body shape. They are my standard go-to shirt. The cotton linen blend is 70/30. It’s got the linen slub which gives it character and it doesn’t wrinkle too much and it breathes well.

conqueror

Reaction score
men's biz has opened in canberra canberra but is super tiny. interestingly they have 3-4 barber chairs but apparently only one barber.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@conqueror Appears they have competition as Truffet & Hill are opening up in Civic soon.

Worse is Mensbiz no longer stock Occams shave cream as its no longer made. :brick:

Found an US store with some but it's going on a tour. First Chicago now Tokyo. Where next, Berlin?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worse is Mensbiz no longer stock Occams shave cream as its no longer made. :brick:

Found an US store with some but it's going on a tour. First Chicago now Tokyo. Where next, Berlin?[/USER]

Mensbiz is pushing Santa Maria Novello rather than Occam's. Liam gave me a sample, but I wasn't overwhelmed. I've almost used up my Occam's but I think I'll be looking for something that lathers just a bit thicker next time.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mensbiz is pushing Santa Maria Novello rather than Occam's. Liam gave me a sample, but I wasn't overwhelmed. I've almost used up my Occam's but I think I'll be looking for something that lathers just a bit thicker next time.
Occam’s have dissapeared off the landscpe and its no longer being made. Which is a right pain. I tried a sample of the Santa Maria Novello costs more and IMHO is not as good a shave as the Occam’s

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@California Dreamer

Approx waist size on trousers?

If it's ~32-33 I'll happily take if the offer's open, and will happily pass on the bargain if it doesn't work out.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent few hours shopping for pair of wide fittings shoes today. Churches 173 last 8.5G seems to be perfect . Purchased a pair churches cartmel from DJs. Fits even wider than RMW classic craftman 8.5h. As I mentioned on a earlier post my feet became really weird and extremely difficult to find a good fit. Thanks for those suggestions.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janmcghee26