• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also try Taobao (Chinese online store). They sell shoe trees identical to the Woodlores, just not as "cedar" coloured. (Of course, "cedar" trees are not cedar at all. Real cedar shoe trees would probably cost upwards of $1000 per pair. The "cedar" aroma is sprayed on.) Around $15-20 per pair plus shipping.

Really?

Woodlore websites says:

Composition
Aromatic cedar is made up of white and red sections of wood. The white section is referred to as sapwood. The red wood is called heartwood, as it contains the aromatic oils. Woodlore products include at least 75% heartwood for the greatest aromatic benefit. After one year, a light sanding with a medium sandpaper restores the aromatic properties.

Benefits
Cedar shoe trees, hangers, blocks and shapes play a vital role in protecting fine shoes and clothing. Aromatic cedar helps to repel moths and other insects. Because we don't coat our cedar with varnishes or lacquers, our all-natural shoe trees absorb moisture from footwear. Aromatic cedar also deodorizes with a forest-fresh scent.

Marbles

Reaction score
Cheers pm sent but i need a few pairs. Will check in with doublemonk too otherwise amazon it is!

I have 6 pairs from Massdrop, sent as medium instead of large (their error). Happy to on-sell them if you want to PM me.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also try Taobao (Chinese online store). They sell shoe trees identical to the Woodlores, just not as "cedar" coloured. (Of course, "cedar" trees are not cedar at all. Real cedar shoe trees would probably cost upwards of $1000 per pair. The "cedar" aroma is sprayed on.) Around $15-20 per pair plus shipping.

Really?

Woodlore websites says:

Composition
Aromatic cedar is made up of white and red sections of wood. The white section is referred to as sapwood. The red wood is called heartwood, as it contains the aromatic oils. Woodlore products include at least 75% heartwood for the greatest aromatic benefit. After one year, a light sanding with a medium sandpaper restores the aromatic properties.

Benefits
Cedar shoe trees, hangers, blocks and shapes play a vital role in protecting fine shoes and clothing. Aromatic cedar helps to repel moths and other insects. Because we don't coat our cedar with varnishes or lacquers, our all-natural shoe trees absorb moisture from footwear. Aromatic cedar also deodorizes with a forest-fresh scent.

There are many different types of cedar - perhaps Coxy is confusing the very expensive Western US or Australian Red cedar he has recently shelled out a shitload on for cladding his house with the more common Eastern Red or Spanish cedar, which is used for shoe trees, wardrobe linings and mothballs.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 6 pairs from Massdrop, sent as medium instead of large (their error). Happy to on-sell them if you want to PM me.

I'd certainly be interested in a few pairs. If you'd rather sell them all in one go, I'll take all of them for the sake of convenience (depending on pricing).

I'll send you a PM.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies re: Shoe trees guys, looks like there might be some good woodlore alternatives in some of the places mentioned.

thanks Marbles PM sent

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know its always hard to gauge as lots of things can be involved but damn katrinas is a bit on the pricey side for suit alterations.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are many different types of cedar - perhaps Coxy is confusing the very expensive Western US or Australian Red cedar he has recently shelled out a shitload on for cladding his house with the more common Eastern Red or Spanish cedar, which is used for shoe trees, wardrobe linings and mothballs.

Yes, they use Eastern Red, which Western Red mocks and pillories.

herringbonePete

Reaction score
Missed out on a Herringbone 36s unstructured jacket on eBay this morning, sold at 99c plus 15 bucks postage (1 bid). I simply forgot to bid even though I got a reminder 15mins before...

What's annoying is that I forgot to bid in its first listing!!

Anyone here got a smug story to now tell?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Missed out on a Herringbone 36s unstructured jacket on eBay this morning, sold at 99c plus 15 bucks postage (1 bid). I simply forgot to bid even though I got a reminder 15mins before...

What's annoying is that I forgot to bid in its first listing!!

Anyone here got a smug story to now tell?

You can be certain that it wasn't me bidding against you Pete. :)

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really?Woodlore websites says:

Composition

Benefits

I've always been keen to understand the science of how wood shoe trees absorb the moisture from shoes and yet don't form a moisture equilibrium with the surrounding atmosphere/room.

Last edited:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, they use Eastern Red, which Western Red mocks and pillories.
Yes not to mention Western Red is always condemning the less than glowing human rights record of Eastern Red, to which Eastern Red replies it shouldn't be judged by Western Red values.

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PoP & Ernesto's Artisanal Organic Cedar Handmade Shoe Trees.

Coming Soon - Affiliate thread on SF.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads