• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SuSu's shipping policy is for free returns, at least for suits. I've received one online-order suit from them - it came in a sturdy cardboard box which can easily be re-used for return shipping if the garment does not fit. They even provide return-address labels. So don't be afraid to order SuSu online.

Having said that, both I and others have found SuSu's stuff to wear just slightly on the small side. So err on the side of a larger fit if you're ordering online.

One other point to consider is that all SuSu suits and jackets come with working sleeve buttonholes. If the sleeves are way too short or long, they will need to be altered at the shoulder, which is impossible with windowpane patterns. So you might prefer to select a non-patterned fabric for your first purchase.

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried a couple of sizes at David Jones, sizing down = short arms for me at least.

I could save money and get a slimmer fit in an ashby, or get a bedale and have it taken in. Or save my money altogether, but unfortunately I know that approach won't be a permanent fix.
I saved alot of money by buying a used one on eBay and rewaxing it. Cost me about $150 all up.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WIWT Brown, brown, brown and brown
5.jpg
4.jpg

robbieshaw1992

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with unbranded shoe trees on ebay or similar sites?

I've previosly been using woodlore, but wonder if these cheap alternatives will do the job just fine.

@lachyzee, did you have any luck with your shoe trees from taobao?

Decreased

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with unbranded shoe trees on ebay or similar sites?

I've previosly been using woodlore, but wonder if these cheap alternatives will do the job just fine.

@lachyzee, did you have any luck with your shoe trees from taobao?
I've had some luck, but be careful with sizing.
If you're a half size I'd go down to the nearest whole.
Going off EU sizing, I generally wear a 43 or 43.5, the 43/44 size trees are very snug in some of my shoes, so last time I bought some I ordered 41/42.
I ordered based on EU sizing because I wasn't sure if the 9 was a U.K. or U.S

aussiejake

Reaction score
UK 7.5/US 8.5 friends - final call on some odds and ends that I'm sadly looking to move on. I'll list these if I can't find an Australian buyer. Message me for further details and photos.
  1. Vass Longwing High Boots (near new) - 40.5G - AUD 750 - Photo
  2. John Lobb Chigwell in black calf (near new) - UK 7.5E - AUD 800 - Photo
  3. C&J for Ralph Lauren Tassel Loafers in brown shell cordovan - 8.5US - AUD 600 - Photos on request
  4. Carmina Norwegian Split Toe in brown suede (new) - UK 7.5 - AUD 350 - Photo
  5. Carmina Captoe Boots in black shell cordovan (perfect renovation job) - AUD 225 - Photo
  6. Loake Pimlico in dark brown suede - 7.5UK - AUD 180 - Photo
  7. Clarks Desert Boots in brown (near new) - AUD 50

Trimly

Reaction score
I've had some luck, but be careful with sizing.
If you're a half size I'd go down to the nearest whole.
Going off EU sizing, I generally wear a 43 or 43.5, the 43/44 size trees are very snug in some of my shoes, so last time I bought some I ordered 41/42.
I ordered based on EU sizing because I wasn't sure if the 9 was a U.K. or U.S

We sell cedar shoe trees at Trimly. We're expanding our range and sizes.

About sizing, getting the right size shoe trees can be tricky, as you'll appreciate not all she sizes are the same. As such, we offer a guaranteed fit, i.e. if it doesn't fit, we'll swap the trees over for a pair that does. Our new customers really appreciate it and while it does cost us $$ to return and re-send an order, it's really benefited us with repeat business.

At eBay and Tao-bao you will find an assortment of the good, the bad and the ugly where shoe trees are concerned. But I don't won't this to sound like I'm trying to poach your business; you can still find a bargain and there are some good sellers (on taobao), some of which work for the trading companies attached to the manufacturers. In these cases extra stock is produced during a production run for a foreign client - under the same stringent quality controls; thus you can still pick up some very decent pairs at times. Problem is of course language, as 1/10th of the good stuff is in English.

The dropshippers who sell everything from shoe trees to the kitchen sink will look for the lowest bidder and it's really hit and miss. Sometimes wood other than cedar is used. Cedar oil will also be be applied.

Hope this info was useful to you. Cheers!

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tech meets hangars

The company's new hanger suppresses odors on fabric, leaving your dirty clothes smelling tolerable again without having to immerse them in water. How? By using something they call "nanoe" technology.

What the heck does that mean? Well, it's basically a fancy way of describing how tiny water particles from the air are electrified and used to deodorize fabric without technically washing it.

http://mashable.com/2017/06/26/panasonic-deodorizing-hanger/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads