1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Foxhound, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

AS Colour, but buy from their wholesaler website.

2. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Iris and Dylan are good bets. Won't be ready in a week, though. They take their work seriously. Dylan over Iris for shirts.

James Perse makes some really good plain tees, including white tees.

3. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

Heh, I was there yesterday actually. Is that where the Cos store is currently??

4. theowbert

theowbert Member

From what I've heard from friends who are in the know, it's supposedly above the COS building.

5. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

Yeah just had a look at the images on the SS site and it looks first floor-ish.

6. Bravo Sierra

Bravo Sierra Well-Known Member

Ok. Did not see that one comin...but wow must be a real story behind it. I hesitate to guess even where so you must share.

7. Bravo Sierra

You can also try H&M (if you don't have anything against them). Try their organic cotton range labelled conscious. I've got several of the v-neck version which I wear with shorts, jeans or under my business shirts to hold the carpet hair back (and prevent the shirts from sticking).

8. Bravo Sierra

They look pretty good for the price. I wonder what their finishing is like (cemented, blake stitch, goodyear etc.). Just took a look at their images a bit closer...think goodyear can be discounted. Still price is very good.

Would also be interested in looking into them when I pop into town.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  9. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Land's End would suit your age demographic.

10. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Gee thanks Junior.

11. ghosty06

ghosty06 Active Member

You guys see the Doublemonk webshop quietly come online? I dropped by the Melbourne store and they said it was only rolled out 6 weeks ago and there's a lot of work to be done.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  12. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Dante in the Divine Comedy failed to describe the fourth a half circle of Hell where Men are condemned to take their wives Xmas shopping and allow them to liberaly bash your plastic.

However ; as she said "It looked alright online....but." And yes "but"is the operative word here. It's not what SWMBO thought it would be or I don't like the fabric or the length.

So like Dante your trudging through Tartarus as Bings White Christmas flays your skin while SWMBO engages in an endless trek for "that dress".

Finally in exasperation you plead "look I'll just give you money" in a attempt to escape the jaws of Creberus.

Then like Beatrice ascending to Paradise she coincides "maybe I'll wait till we're in .......".And you escape the torments of Hell.

Thankfully strong liquor was to be found during his transit through purgatory.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    3 people like this.
  13. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Whereas you prefer Osh Kosh B'gosh, I guess. :)

5 people like this.
  14. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Lomng story, but I'll give you the abbreviated version.

We were in Tromso, Norway, in the Arctic Circle, in the middle of winter. We went for a ride on a dog sled. The sled hit a rock and tipped. I was thrown clear, but the sled smacked into my arm and broke the humerus clean in half at the shoulder.

To get me to hospital, they had to put me back in the sled, have three people sit on me to immobilise me, and go back down the mountain. They then put me in the back of a Ford van and drove me over the backroads to the nearest hospital, where nobody on duty spoke English.

I had to take four layers of clothing off across the break to be X-rayed (agony) and then do it again so that I could go back outside. They put me in a sling and gave me a course of painkillers.

Due to the language problems, they didn't get that I am an epileptic, and they gave me painkillers that give me the twitches. Every time that happened, the broken bone jabbed into the muscle, and I screamed. I was doing that for weeks in some very embarrassing places, like top class restaurants in Oslo.

The highlight would have to be on the way back in Changi. I hadn't showered in days and had a lengthy stopover, so I organised to have a shower in the lounge. When my turn came, I went there with my wife, and the attendant refused to let us in together. I think she thought we were going to do the nasty in her shower. (I think if I'm going to join the mile high club, I would do it in the air). I had to explain that I couldn't bathe myself and needed help, and she only very reluctantly let us in.

Lots and lots of rehab, couple of operations and a lot of pain is now in the past, and I now think it was pretty funny. It's certainly a memorable holiday!

(BTW, my avatar is a reference to this - I chose the robot arm when my arm was full of metal holding it together).

5 people like this.
  15. Contango

Contango Senior member

$750 for the same pair of C&Js that Herringbone sell for $599?!

1 person likes this.
  16. md2010

md2010 Senior member

These guys want to rob local consumers. And when you buy from overseas they complain. I think people should return the favour by trying on shoes from there and order online.

17. meister

meister Senior member

Nice that you recovered because you would not want that to happen more than once in a lifetime.

1 person likes this.
  18. eightace

eightace Senior member

19. Bravo Sierra

Mind officially blown. That is a hell of a story.

Have you written about it before aside from the above?

20. apropos

apropos Senior member

Man - CD - that's a hell fo a story.

Take care and hope you are well.