1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Foxhound, Feb 10, 2016.

1. click here

click here Senior member

Hey guys

Does anyone know how to fix this scuff mark on my R M Williams boots? Do you think R W Williams store can fix it for me?[​IMG]

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

^A bit of buffing with cream and/or polish and it should be fine.

Boots and shoes will inevitably get scratched and scuffed as they are worn. You'll be able to cover up most of the damage with some shoe cream and polish and the stuff that you can't cover up most likely won't be noticed by anyone else anyway.

You could ask the people in your RM Williams store to look at it but, given the general calibre of people working in retail nowadays, I highly doubt that they'd even know what to do about it.

3. fxh

fxh Senior member

Palm Beach USA?

4. md2010

md2010 Senior member

sorry - Palm Beach in Sydney.

5. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

I think you can probably answer that question better than any of us. If in doubt I would ask the groom/bride or the person who invited you to the wedding what they think, what the vibe is. There aren't any hard and fast rules about what to wear to a friend's wedding, or even to your own wedding these days. If it's a black tie affair I would probably avoid a tan cotton suit but then the bridal party should specify the dress code in that case. I highly doubt the father of the bride is going to throw you out because your suit is 'garment dyed' or 'deconstructed' - unless the latter means you intend on wearing your jacket on your left leg and your trousers over your head.

6. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Lol makes sense. I actually never met/spoken to the bride/groom. The Bride is my wife’s ex- work colleague. Asked my wife to confirm the dress code.

7. Prince of Paisley

Sorry we couldn't be of more help. fxh and I have more current experience with funeral attire.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  8. fxh

fxh Senior member

FFS PoP - he's going to a wedding not joining The Masons.

1 person likes this.
  9. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

What's the dress code for the Scottish Rite?

10. Prince of Paisley

Leather jackets?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  11. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

No underwear.

12. npvpositive

npvpositive Active Member

JEANS IN SYDNEY?

Sorry if this has been done to death before, but where do you guys shop for jeans in Sydney? Few options from Google:

Corlection
    Denham
    Nudie (Paddington)

Glue Store
    General Pants (for Nudie, etc)
    Just Jeans (Levis)
    David Jones

13. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Senior member

What're you looking for in your denim? If you're after raw denim I've liked what I've seen at Crolection here in melb but might be a bit pricey depending on what you're after. Black, indigo, one-wash, light wash, raw?

14. npvpositive

npvpositive Active Member

Indigo, straight leg (but without looking like Dad Jeans) that I could wear with a jacket for an informal business meeting or wear socially. Price not a big issue, happy to pay $250 - $350 . . . but maybe Corlection cost more than that

15. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

I've picked up a couple of pretty neat-o pairs of selvedge denim jeans from Uniqlo, believe it or not.

Glue was my source for some Japanese selvedge jeans - forget the brand. Not really a denim tragic. Had some quirky name like Marvin or something.

16. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Uniqlo's made-in-Japan, Japanese selvedge denim jeans were fantastic, and they fit really well (well, they fit me really well, anyway).

Now they're still made from Japanese selvedge denim, but they're made in Pakistan or Bangladesh and the cut's been changed and I don't like them as much, which is a great pity.

Still definitely worth a look, though, as if they fit well they're very good value.

I bought a pair of Uniqlo's selvedge denim jeans for my ten-year-old son when we were in Japan earlier this year. He wanted a pair of jeans that were lightly distressed, but I told him to get the dark indigo pair. While he was trying them on, I was talking about denim and I told him that you should distress your jeans naturally while you're wearing them so that they show your own wear and express your own story through that wear, rather than getting a pre-distressed pair. The shop assistant marked the jeans to be shortened and she explained to him that she was leaving a little allowance at the bottom so that he can turn up the bottom of the cuff a bit to display the selvedge seam.
    After we'd been talking for a few minutes about the above details, my son looked at me and said, "Dad, why are you telling me all this? They're just jeans!"
    Edwin, perhaps? I can't really think of another Japanese brand that sounds like Marvin, although I'm far from an expert.

17. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

18. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Senior member

If you're not really set on indigo denim that's raw could definitely go for Edwin, Levi's etc. and save a bit of money but your budget easily fits into Corlection's prices; probably worth having a look and trying on whether from Glue, Qlo, Corlection.

19. melbournites

melbournites Active Member

I have this 'denim trouser'. Works well with a jacket. Interesting textures to the cloth. I am usually a straight leg and this fits well.

http://corlection.com/collections/s...ndigo-denims-slim-tapered?variant=17155862467

20. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member