• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they rarely have any of their Samurai suits on sale. I won't buy half canvassed suits these days.

How about no canvas/ deconstructed?
Or fused?

Last edited:

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found with all my half canvassed suits, there's fusing on the lower half of the suit. that's what I detest; the drape (and balance) isn't as elegant as opposed to full canvas. and that's me being fussy. why not have it if you can get it? I haven't ventured into deconstructured jackets... yet.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but you're attributing a difference to something that does not exist.

The lower half of the suit does not contribute to drape. Drape and balance are not a function of the interlining, but of the cut of the suit.

A more likely explanation is that your half canvassed suit has a different cut (and is from from a lower end brand) than the full canvassed ones, and what you are seeing is a difference in the cut, not the interlining.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for Thai in Surry Hills on a Sunday night?

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spice I am is truely authentic

True, but I was underwhelmed overall - crowded, with uncomfortable stools, and overworked staff.

I prefer Yok Sod on the corner of Goulburn and Pitt streets. Ground floor of that pub, I forget **'s or CJ's or Mr B's or something like that.

Great food, not sweetened for Australian tastes; huge menu; Peroni on tap.

There's also a place in Pitt Street, south of Goulburn, with a tuk-tuk at the front. Again, good food but crap service. I mean, REALLY crap. And stools again. What is it about Thai places and stools? **** that, man. And **** sitting cross-legged on a floor cushion too. Fine if you're a skin-and-bones Thai dude with ultra-flexible hip joints. But for this creaky old farang, I want a proper chair with a proper back. And proper service. And Peroni on tap.

Boy, what a curmudgeonly old prick I'm turning into.

Last edited:

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a Filson medium duffle. Cost me $510.

Stupid AUD.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheap way to get an Equus belt, despite the $A. Went to their clearance page and bought a replacement leather strap in my size, black Sedgwick leather, 1.25", using the SF discount code. Took it down to the belt guy at the Camberwell market and got him to fit a nickel buckle. $80 the lot.

Nolvadex

Reaction score

Any recommendations for Thai in Surry Hills on a Sunday night?

I recently stayed in Thai town at the bottom of Pitt St. Plenty of nice Thai restaurants. Chat Thai is 1 Street West of Pitt in the Thai town area. I'm assuming it's just as good as the one in the conservative business dress

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads