1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Foxhound, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

I had an olive one. Make sure you get the slim fit model.

1 person likes this.
  2. Epicure

Epicure Senior member

+1, Exactly.

I always choose a waterproof sole if substantial rainfall is likely on any given day.

In regards to the preference for Topy vs no Topy, I like to Topy for the most part. Not so much for fear of shoes getting wet, but more to avoid the inconvenience and hassle of resoling when I prematurely wear out the toe area of my soles. This could change if I ever find someone who can do a decent job of fitting flush metal toe taps.

3. fxh

fxh Senior member

3/4 length black cargo pants, band t shirt, greasy hair in long pony tail, doc martins with explorer red socks - earphones playing Jesus & Mary Chain.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  4. fxh

fxh Senior member

{{wink}}

5. fxh

fxh Senior member

WIWT
    [​IMG]

6. md2010

md2010 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  7. sliq

sliq Senior member

that's a great pick up MD - i've got an olive and a navy, both by French Connection. they've served me well. all the extra pockets are great for keys / phone / wallet

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Thanks mate. Maybe an olive m43 next. Mr porter is stacked with m43s. Possibly next #menswear trend. They have a lovely Paul smith olive m43 (;

9. clayb

clayb Member

Looks both sharp and comfortable to me.

10. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Thx for the heads up- picked up a pair of suede craftsman. Surprisingly quite a lot of stock even in the popular sizes, but they were selling out quick.

11. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Transcended VR to IRL last night over an (sigh had to behave as a dinner was pending) ale with Gerry Nelson, CD, fxh and Coxsackie who demonstrated that men over 50 can look slick with a buzz cut.

Prior picked a PRL purpke silk cable knit sweater on a massive mark down aside from the culture I can say if Melbourne "he came,he saw, he did a little shopping"

Edit;and a little drinking at Naked for Satan great views from the roof bar.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    3 people like this.
  12. JayH

JayH Senior member

I picked up a Barbour Duke from End last week and wore it for the first time today. Without a doubt a bad ass looking jacket, if you're going for that look. Paired perfectly with a plain white T.

13. meister

meister Senior member

[​IMG]/quote]

Back to the future for us older guys

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  14. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

15. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Sweat stains on the collars of some of my shirts - what to do?

Napi-San?

Vinegar?

Something else?

Give it a soak? Just run something extra through a regular wash? Set the water to super hot and then blast it?

16. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Vinegar, let it soak in. Mix up a paste of napisan, apply over area. Throw in to regular wash, wallah.

17. apropos

apropos Senior member

Napisan or any oxygen based cleaner - spray on, leave 30 mins, then wash as per normal. Works for me.

18. fxh

fxh Senior member

Yer True Black Suede Brothel Creepers - almost the real thing = Rollers - poor old shooey had to take to bed for 3 days after seeing the (cheap, nasty, glued, unmanly etc) desert boots.

No - some brand called URGE - never heard of them. Never worn - had them given to me.
    There was nothing wrong with the old Rollers - (except if you step in dogshit) - the ripple soles are very comfy - I don't know how current day Rollers compare.

19. fxh

fxh Senior member

Napisan - or the Aldi version - in a bucket for 24 hours. Not hot water.
    Dry cleaning will set sweat stains - don't do it.
    It's the soaking that removes stains.
    Napisan stuff essentially makes water more watery.

If you tend to get sweat stains - don't let shirts sit with sweat stains - even if you toss them in a bucket of only water as soon as you get home it will help to stop the stains. If you have a problem - keep a large bucket of water in the laundry or even shower and throw shirts in it as soon as you get home and change (you do change shirts and clothes as soon as you get home don't you?) and even if you then only wash once a week it will stop stains setting.

If its really bad - get a stick of SARD wonder soap and make a past about the consistency of toothpaste and rub it into BOTH sides of the wetted stain and leave for 24 hours.
    You can scrub it a bit with an old tooth brush or even more perfect /correct is to rub the same material against itself - say tail of the same shirt.

DO NOT DO THIS. EVER.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    2 people like this.