Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Foxhound, Feb 10, 2016.

1. MonoWillz

MonoWillz Member

Yeah I would defiantly go OH over P Johnson. Thank you!

2. MonoWillz

MonoWillz Member

It's a hard choice! Haha. Thank you!

3. Johknee

Johknee Senior member

I've owned two pairs of Andrew's shoes and both were/are well made. Selling my derbys - see my signature below. Willing to work out a deal for Australian buyers.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  4. Epicure

Epicure Senior member

Hi MonoWillz, perhaps slightly off topic, but I'd be interested to know what drives your preference for a single vent?

5. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Really? I heard most people (me) say The Fonz.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  6. VirgilVerne

VirgilVerne Senior member

OH is quite wonderful, I've had two suits made by them and going on to a third as well as an overcoat. And wow you and I have the exact same weight and height...

Do be mindful that OH's default peak lapel option is 3.5 inches wide, assuming you and I share a similar chest size it'll look something like this[​IMG]
    If you do want to slim down this is the other option[​IMG]

7. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Senior member

Sadly not the model I'm after thanks for the info though, may I ask why you're letting them go though?

I never knew High Tied was by someone from here, I bought a silk knit a couple years ago from you @tobiasj . Not the biggest fan of workboots outside of denim unless the chinos are pretty hardy though, maybe an inbetween like a combat boot (or something that looks similiar but without the connotations).

8. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

That's all because of my hair though.

Pirlo stage soon enough.

9. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Nah, definitely Danny Zuko:

[​IMG]

10. MonoWillz

MonoWillz Member

Hey Epicure, nah it's fine to ask. Single vent because it's a little more less formal.

Hey VirgilVerne, what a coincidence! Yeah I'm thinking of a slimmed down version. How do you find large lapels, do you feel disproportionate? How was their waist cut? Can you ask for a more slimmer fit?

Thanks for your response!

11. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

I have a bald spot. It gets burnt occasionally. I look like a dick in a cap. What are my hat options for warmer weather and say shorts and a linen shirt? Thanks gents.

12. VirgilVerne

VirgilVerne Senior member

I actually quite like the large ones, but then again I've got a pretty boss face and some muscular mass around the body so I feel like I could pull it off :p I've got alright shoulders - not too slim or borderline scrawny so I feel like these peak lapels still suit me fine. If your shoulders are noticeably slim (severely lacks the v shape upper body that some men aspire to or pretty much exactly in line with your waist sides), I'd go for the slimmer ones, if you're thinking of going a bit more towards the fashionable side. The other option is go with the notch which is just universally great.

Oscar Hunt's overall fit is pretty much on the general side - you can go with no break on the pants and ask the fitter to slim it overall, which should be slim enough otherwise it'll bunch or pull at the fork. With the jacket though honestly if it fits then it fits, you can ask to taper the waist ever so slightly more to create a slimming effect but that's about it.In fact I don't know if there are that many options for slimming the jacket in general, even at other tailors, usually there's just that one accurate, nail on the coffin fit.

13. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I would always try RTW suits for a less formal occasions. Unless you have a wardrobe with 20+ bespoke / mtm suits. Also lot of the time mtm/ bespoke don't get it right at the first time. I would try mj bale drop 8 suits first. They have many pick lapel suits. Or even suit supply. Have multiple RTW suits, find out what really suits you before spending big on mtm/ bespoke. FYI I am quite skinny 5'10" and 51-51 kg suit supply 34r firs well and mj bale drop 8 fits with very minimal alterations.

14. smeggett

smeggett Senior member

Panama?

Got a decent hat shop around to try different styles out?

15. Johknee

Johknee Senior member

I'm about to leave on a 6 month holiday. Selling my shoes to fund my trip.