• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

australian brands or stuff I cant find in the usa...

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im going to Australia in late july early august...
was wondering if theres any sweet ass clothign brands that I cant find here that I would be able to find there. Local ****. Im going to sydney and brisbane and perth...

im giong to check out the ksubi store but you can find that here...

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RM Williams boots and Dunlop Volleys.

-Jeff

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ksubi is still called tsubi down under ......

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea cool

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if they're any good, as I don't own any of it due to how hard it is to get, but a friend of mine has a few pieces from a brand called Untouched World. It's from New Zealand, if I recall correctly and has some rather nice looking items. I've requested a mail order catalog a couple times and never recieved them, so I gave up. Here's their website:

http://www.untouchedworld.com/en/uw/

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I really like Canterbury of New Zealand Rugby's, which you can get here in the states (i think), but you might be able to get some cooler stuff in AU.

robbie

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i like some of tsubi's tops. they had a shortsleeve striped henley with white and grey different width stripes that was hot.

royal618

Reaction score
Ksubi is junk. Worn by those only interested in a brand and nothing else.

Herringbone is overrated actually. You're better off sinking fractionally more coin into a tailor as far as shirts go. And if you want to go the other way, there's many more local brands doing something a bit different with great construction at a reduced cost.

Not tried their suiting, but I'm not into OTR so it makes it a bit hard.

Brisbane and Perth aren't known for fashion. Melbourne is the culture hub including fashion, Sydney's just got the money so it's all about the who and what of brands (I know that's a sweeping generalisation of Sydney - but it holds true for most).

...and yes, I'm a Sydneysider.

Wade M

Reaction score
I'll take Royal's word on Herringbone...he's more in the know on this kind of thing.. What I I like about them is their 'spice' (contrasted french cuff underlays, vertical bottom button, etc), it reminds me of paulsmith a bit in it's cheek. They seem to utilise quality italian fabrics and have a high attention to detail. They're not cheap, and I haven't looked into a tailor...Royal, details for a shirt tailor in Sydney please
smile.gif
--Wade

neyus

Reaction score
Shirt Tailor,

NAKHLE SHIRTMAKERS
Suite 7 Lower Ground Floor, 55-65 Phillip Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
Phone: (02) 9633 4696

or

Rochefort Ties Pty Ltd
Ground Floor, C2, 185 Elizabeth St Sydney NSW 2000?ph: (02) 9264 4408

As far as casual brands go in Australia. There's not much, but some of the more obscure stuff is better (Smaller Labels) Can't think of anything off hand.

Australia has nothing in the way of clohing. If you're going to get RM Williams, get the jodphur boots with the buckle. They call them a stockman.

Heringbone is way too overpriced. If they were selling their shirts at $50-80 they might be worth it.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by neyus

Heringbone is way too overpriced. If they were selling their shirts at $50-80 they might be worth it.

That's a bit harsh, although i agree they're overpriced. $50-80 won't even get you a poly/cotton Ganton or Beene.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by royal618
Ksubi is junk. Worn by those only interested in a brand and nothing else.

Herringbone is overrated actually. You're better off sinking fractionally more coin into a tailor as far as shirts go. And if you want to go the other way, there's many more local brands doing something a bit different with great construction at a reduced cost.

Not tried their suiting, but I'm not into OTR so it makes it a bit hard.

Brisbane and Perth aren't known for fashion. Melbourne is the culture hub including fashion, Sydney's just got the money so it's all about the who and what of brands (I know that's a sweeping generalisation of Sydney - but it holds true for most).

...and yes, I'm a Sydneysider.

yea im not really into tsubi so muhc but id still liketo check out the store ..mabe ill find someting...I recently bought a pair of jeans I like by them..only pair ive ever liked by them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads