Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australia: Cheap Chelsea boots?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dewy, Aug 19, 2007.

1. dewy

dewy Member

Hey guys, I live in australia so i am limited to australian stores, I am looking for a cheapish but somewhat descent $100-150?? pair of Chelsea boots to use as work shoes (currently wearing a pair of saftey boots, not that nice :-( ) and to maybe throw on with some jeans when I wanna dress up some jeans. Wondering what people suggest? I am a size 9 in my adidas shoes? would boot sizing change? not sure of my boot size (rubbed off and shoes are 3 years old)

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

see if you can find some RM Williams Craftsmen on sale - they're made in Australia, so there might be a place where you can find overstocks, etc.

3. jml90

jml90 Senior member

see if you can find some RM Williams Craftsmen on sale - they're made in Australia, so there might be a place where you can find overstocks, etc.

I don't think the Craftsmen is much of a work boot. I think Blundstones would be better for that purpose.

4. meister

meister Senior member

There are still a few RM Ws boots on sale (Very reduced) at the George St stores (near Myers and The Rocks)

5. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Dewy,

What kind of "work" do you do? Are you just looking for a boot to wear to the office, or do you need a real safety boot?

If you are in Melbourne, there is a RMW outlet shop in the Southern Cross Station DFO.