1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Austerity Brogue

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Urbane Legend, Sep 20, 2006.

1. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm not sure how I feel about the scalloped edges on the Connaught, actually.

Funny, I had concerns about the stitching on the Hanly. I was afraid the "wing" stitching would get lost amid the creasing.

2. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Nice shoes. But they only have a size 7 left. Do you know what last it is on?
    I'm not sure what last the Cleveland's is on the Le-botte web site, it could either be 337 or 350, but since the 7 is a UK size, perhaps it could still fit?

3. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Austerity brogue -- so called because it has no broguing.

4. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Austerity brogue that I most covet...

[​IMG]

5. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Aubercy? Walked by their store on the rue de Luynes today. Some very handsome models, although some are a little "Daehn", if you get what I mean.

6. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Aubercy? Walked by their store on the rue de Luynes today. Some very handsome models, although some are a little "Daehn", if you get what I mean.

Oui RJ, Aubercy. I know exactly what you mean about some of their styles that veer of course, this one really seems to speak to me, though.

7. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Discontinued by Martegani, or by Franco's? I know Franco's is streamlining its shoe offerings, so you might be able to source it elsewhere.

That's my shoe. I contacted Ron Rider when he was still at Franco's and asked about the possibility of doing as a special order a wing-tip adelaide with twin-needle stitching forming the pattern elements. (I had previously asked Gravati if they would do it, and they said no. I got the idea originally from a Mantellassi shoe that was somewhat similar.) He liked the idea well enough that he ordered it for stock in brown and black. I liked the idea well enough that I commissioned a variation of the design as a bespoke shoe from Tony Gaziano. He liked the idea well enough that one of the shoes in his RTW lineup has a design that's a variation of the one that I commissioned.

In any event, Martegani doesn't discontinue models like some manufacturers do. If a retailer wants that shoe, they will make it. If no retailer wants it, they will not. It's a shame that Franco's isn't ordering more -- it's a nice shoe.

8. Urbane Legend

Urbane Legend Active Member

The Connaught is a beautiful shoe !!

When are they coming to New York??