• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aussies: Where do I get a nice Duffel bag?

kookydooky

Reaction score
Preferably one that doesnt say, country road, or lonsdale on the side and is mainly plain

Also what do you think of the sports duffel bag material, is that fine to go with?

And another thing I dont shop online so yeah lol, which shops in particular should I look out for?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
Preferably one that doesnt say, country road, or lonsdale on the side and is mainly plain Also what do you think of the sports duffel bag material, is that fine to go with? And another thing I dont shop online so yeah lol, which shops in particular should I look out for?
Sorry to intrude on your thread as I don't have an answer for you, but are you in a major city? Also, can I be so bold as to ask why you choose to avoid shopping online? It's really none of my business so please ignore if this question is intrusive. Thank you in advance.

kookydooky

Reaction score
I live in melbourne btw.

And for the reason why I dont shop online is because I dont use credit cards and feel uncomfortable buying online unless it's off ebay to which I use PayPal. Also when it comes to clothing I usually like to feel it or try it on before I buy.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in melbourne btw.

And for the reason why I dont shop online is because I dont use credit cards and feel uncomfortable buying online unless it's off ebay to which I use PayPal. Also when it comes to clothing I usually like to feel it or try it on before I buy.

I think a number of online shops take paypal, so you can try that route. Sierra Trading Post (there's a link on the banner at the top of the page) and Yoox.com (also a link on the banner) take paypal.

Sierra has mulholland bags, so you could go that route.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...the reason why I dont shop online is because I dont use credit cards and feel uncomfortable buying online unless it's off ebay to which I use PayPal. Also when it comes to clothing I usually like to feel it or try it on before I buy.
Ah, makes perfect sense. Well I live in the States but I'd recommend Mooks duffle bags. I've never seen them in person or anything but they appear to be available in your neck of the woods. Have you ever been to their store? It's on Little Collins Street. Mooks Melbourne 273 Little Collins St., Melbourne VIC 3000 Telephone: +61 3 9654 1899
mook6441a6kl2.jpg
http://www.popwuping.com/stuff/bags/...rnight-bag.php http://rushfaster.com.au/product.php...-MK7-83958-KHA And if you don't see anything you like there, I'd recommend reconsidering this:
dsc00033605b9aay4.jpg

kookydooky

Reaction score
lol that coutry road bad is exactly what I want to stay away from because its pretty much the staple of teenage girls.

Plus my brother already has one from 12+ years ago lol But yeah I'd rather a more longish bag that a squarish one (ie the mooks one)

Which catalogue did you find the mooks one off?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go to Tm Williams get one of the "canvas ute bags" then distress it by leaving it out in the elements.
http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/home.as...A4383191C26B9B

Or to a army disposal store.

But if you wanted something hi-tech, how about one of the outdoor stores like Mountain Design or North Face?

Zubberah

Reaction score
Saw some nice, sleek ones at the Bally and MontBlanc (I know others here despise MB but some of their styles are really quite nice) stores least week that were sleek, leather and minimalist. No names plastered anywhere. Bit exxy though ...
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads