• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Audi S5 vs BMW 335 xi

Audi S5 vs BMW 335 xi

• Audi S5

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • BMW 335 xi

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ let me guess, you drive an M3 right?

Obviously, notice where I said in an earlier post: "S5 was more expensive than my M3 when I did comparison shopping earlier this year."

In any case, I am wondering if you'd pick RS5 vs. Aston Martin Vantage. They will be around the same price. RS5 is gorgeous but the Vantage, at least to me, is on another level.

Saw an A5 on the road today. They are definitely :drool:

Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Obviously, notice where I said in an earlier post: "S5 was more expensive than my M3 when I did comparison shopping earlier this year."
In any case, I am wondering if you'd pick RS5 vs. Aston Martin Vantage. They will be around the same price. RS5 is gorgeous but the Vantage, at least to me, is on another level.
Saw an A5 on the road today. They are definitely :drool:

Def take the Aston over the Audi RS5. Like nothing else you see, except for another Aston (sorta look like a beefier BMW Z8 though, those are :drool:)

A5, S5's are becoming fairly common here in NYC. I still rarely see any Astons. I see waaaaay more Ferraries, Lambos, Porsches (high end ones). Astons are something else.

Last edited:

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
of course I'd take the Aston, but I believe the Aston would be way more expensive than an RS5 right? I have no idea...
At any rate, Aston is my all time favorite car... one can only dream...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've seen the RS5 around here, it actually looks douche-y compared to just a regular A5 with a decent amount of trim - the S stuff is too chrome-y and flashy, the RS stuff is rice-y looking. In any case - nice way to make a $100K car look like a $40K one with $5K of 'mods'

FWIW I think the Vantage is too small looking to really express 'the Aston language' - I'd rather have a Carrera of the same value instead.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe american pricing is screwed, but an RS5 is about £75k when spec'd up nicely. even an Aston Martin is £85k with no extras. You're looking at £130k for a decent non-entry level Aston, but for that money you could have an Audi R8 V12.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe american pricing is screwed, but an RS5 is about £75k when spec'd up nicely. even an Aston Martin is £85k with no extras. You're looking at £130k for a decent non-entry level Aston, but for that money you could have an Audi R8 V12.

U.S. pricing can be very different.

RS5 is on sale in Europe starting at 68K euro (91K USD). Reports say that the 2012 RS5 when offered in the USA will start at 105K. The Aston V8 Vantage is 120K MSRP though Aston supposedly has a hard time selling too many Vantages here, has many dealer incentives vs. the RS5 which will be in very limited quantity and likely even marked up above MSRP. So I would expect them to be obtainable for the same $ amount.

The RS5 offers roughly equivalent performance to the M3 which makes the M3 an absolutely incredible value in the states, considering the M3 costs 1/2 of the RS5. However, it's a different story in Europe. RS5 is 68K euro while the M3 is actually about the same price.. 67K euro base I believe. A well optioned M3 is a 110K+ USD car in Europe.

Interesting that the M3 costs 50-60K USD here but 90K+ USD in Europe, and that the RS5 will apparently have the opposite pricing. Supposedly a nicely optioned M3 costs 110-120K USD in Germany. This was actually evident when I picked mine up via European Delivery. People would give me a look like "who the **** is that guy?" and kids would ask to sit in it and take pictures while in the States no one gives a ****.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the RS5 is one of the sexiest cars out there but there's no way i'm paying $40k over the price of an M3. and that's MSRP - even before the shady American dealers get a hold of what must be a limited availability vehicle and play their BS pricing games

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

U.S. pricing can be very different.
RS5 is on sale in Europe starting at 68K euro (91K USD). Reports say that the 2012 RS5 when offered in the USA will start at 105K. The Aston V8 Vantage is 120K MSRP though Aston supposedly has a hard time selling too many Vantages here, has many dealer incentives vs. the RS5 which will be in very limited quantity and likely even marked up above MSRP. So I would expect them to be obtainable for the same $ amount.
The RS5 offers roughly equivalent performance to the M3 which makes the M3 an absolutely incredible value in the states, considering the M3 costs 1/2 of the RS5. However, it's a different story in Europe. RS5 is 68K euro while the M3 is actually about the same price.. 67K euro base I believe. A well optioned M3 is a 110K+ USD car in Europe.
Interesting that the M3 costs 50-60K USD here but 90K+ USD in Europe, and that the RS5 will apparently have the opposite pricing. Supposedly a nicely optioned M3 costs 110-120K USD in Germany. This was actually evident when I picked mine up via European Delivery. People would give me a look like "who the **** is that guy?" and kids would ask to sit in it and take pictures while in the States no one gives a ****.

hah! I didn't realize that til now but you're right, here in Japan the RS5 and the M3 with the competition pack are the same price as well (the M3 is actually 5k more) - both are like, $150K cars at exchange rate, which is ****** us right now...

It's no secret that BMW has been dumping on the US market for years, though - they all do, and they will continue to do so since the USD is so ******. When the E46 M3 came out, the Euro was at parity with the dollar basically... but kind of sickening that they are dumping cars in America at half price now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads