• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Audi R8

sjd

Reaction score
I love this car. I used to review cars and was lucky enough to spend a few days with one. It was white with carbon fibre side blades and brown interior. Excellent handling car, very easy to drive as well. I would buy one in a second. This thread needed some pics, so here's the one I drove.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Reviewing cars sounds like fun, especially getting to drive them for a few days.

brianja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjd
I love this car. I used to review cars and was lucky enough to spend a few days with one. It was white with carbon fibre side blades and brown interior. Excellent handling car, very easy to drive as well. I would buy one in a second. This thread needed some pics, so here's the one I drove.
I agree... this thread needs more pictures. That Ibis white w/ carbon side blades is a great combination. Here are a few i took a few months back:
719164450_EFqZz-M-1.jpg
648839820_Gy7YH-M-1.jpg
648833292_RAeFr-M-1.jpg
648840495_EbTrw-M-1.jpg
648838525_pMKuj-M-1.jpg

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want one, but I will probably never get the chance to drive one in my life.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The R8 is a car I never liked in photos and when I saw one in real life I was lusting for it!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the original poster - I know that this is a) none of my business, and b) probably not what you want to hear, but if you have been fortunate enough to have inherited quite a large sum of money from a relative, please don't spend it a big chunk of it on a rapidly depreciating asset like a car.

I know that cars are great fun and that most men - young and old - have an almost visceral attraction to sports cars. However, if you do want to buy a sports car, buy a cheaper one. If you want something that's affordable and quite reliable, get a 350Z. If you want cheap fun and fantastic handling, get a Miata (which is what I did). If you want some classic appeal, get an older Porsche that has been well looked after.

Then, spend some of the money on travelling, and see some of the world if you haven't done so already.

Then, put the rest of the money into an account with a reasonable rate of return or some other stable, unexciting investment. Use some to pay for your college or university fees, or to purchase an apartment (if that sort of thing is a good investment where you are at present).

But, please, whatever you do, don't spend well over $100k on a car that, whilst nice, will have lost over half its value in a few short years.

Unless you are a merchant banker, it's damned hard to earn and to save money. Being given a good chunk of change at a young age is - in very real terms - a great gift. It can help you to get your life off to a great start and lay the foundations for a lifetime of financial security. I know that the temptation is there to throw money around and being young, you should do that - in moderation. But please, save most of it and put it to some productive use because if you don't, you'll probably really regret it in a few years' time.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
To the original poster - I know that this is a) none of my business, and b) probably not what you want to hear, but if you have been fortunate enough to have inherited quite a large sum of money from a relative, please don't spend it a big chunk of it on a rapidly depreciating asset like a car. I know that cars are great fun and that most men - young and old - have an almost visceral attraction to sports cars. However, if you do want to buy a sports car, buy a cheaper one. If you want something that's affordable and quite reliable, get a 350Z. If you want cheap fun and fantastic handling, get a Miata (which is what I did). If you want some classic appeal, get an older Porsche that has been well looked after. Then, spend some of the money on travelling, and see some of the world if you haven't done so already. Then, put the rest of the money into an account with a reasonable rate of return or some other stable, unexciting investment. Use some to pay for your college or university fees, or to purchase an apartment (if that sort of thing is a good investment where you are at present). But, please, whatever you do, don't spend well over $100k on a car that, whilst nice, will have lost over half its value in a few short years. Unless you are a merchant banker, it's damned hard to earn and to save money. Being given a good chunk of change at a young age is - in very real terms - a great gift. It can help you to get your life off to a great start and lay the foundations for a lifetime of financial security. I know that the temptation is there to throw money around and being young, you should do that - in moderation. But please, save most of it and put it to some productive use because if you don't, you'll probably really regret it in a few years' time.
I disagree. Spend it on cocaine, scotch, fast cars, and faster women.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads