• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Audi A4

sydneycentric

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying myself the new Audi A4. Any A4 owners comment on the quality of the vehicle? What are the pros and cons of having one? Does it come with a built in GPS? Is it a V6?

leeson43

Reaction score
theyve recently dropped their warranty by a year i think. people ive spoken to about the drop are saying things tend to go expensively wrong after not all that many miles.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gf has one. was able to get it with a 4 year warranty, although I also heard they reduced coverage in subsequent model years. overall she has had no major problems, service has been excellent (especially if you hook up your service manager with great reviews since i'm led to believe there is bonus comp tied to those), and it's a fun car to drive. Not all are V6 - can't remember which models are - easily found on audiusa website. I think they are great cars.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have an S4, and used to have an A4. Both have been great cars.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 2009 A4 is a completely new model in North America that went on sale about a month ago. In Europe this model has been on sale for several months long. It looks like it went on sale in Australia fairly recently as well. In the US the car is offered with a 3.1 liter V6 or a redesigned high torque 2.0 turbo I4 which makes as much torque as the V6 and is probably going to account for 90% of the sales here. Looking at the AU website, the 2.0T engine is not offered but the V6 is as well as some smaller 4-cylinders and some diesels. The GPS is offered in other markets but you should check the Audi AU website. The reliability is not going to be known since this is a new model, but judging by previous models it should be OK. First model years cars sometimes have some teethin problems but this car has been on sale in Europe for almost a year so most of the quirks have been hopefully worked out.
Originally Posted by iammatt
I have an S4, and used to have an A4. Both have been great cars.
I thought you got rid of the avant.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
seems like the new A4 got a lot beefier in addition to some major interior improvements along with fuel consumption and a stronger ac unit! i was literally reading on this car as it just got released here in korea and i have to admit it does look a lot nicer and more agressive, especially with that new front.

definitely a fan.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a new 4 and the A5. Economy isn't helping in that regard right now.

Audi's gotten past the eletrical issues.

I think you'd be very happy with the new 4.

Again- I don't own yet but have driven the 5 and 4 a few times and love both.

sydneycentric

Reaction score
Beautiful. I agree with the comments about the new look. I think its now got what the previous models were missing.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going by looks alone I'd say that A5 has the A5 handily beat but they are both better looking than most cars in their class.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My A4 has been extremely reliable. It's the 2007 model with a 2.0T. It's a lot of fun to drive, though it certainly isn't "fast" by conventional standards, it feels like a German car. Apparently it's very very safe, though I have no idea what that means empirically as I've never tested the criteria. I've never had any electrical problems. It's a good looking car, gets good gas mileage, very comfortable. I don't know what the stock speaks are like in the '09 but my car's sound system was a little lacking...the Bose upgrade was a little too much for me too, so I just sort of stuck it out. I got used to it eventually though. Other than that, I have nothing to complain about. Very fine automobile.

sydneycentric

Reaction score
Apparently Audi have fitted a Bang & Olufsen sound system in the new model.

OilOrBust

Reaction score
Your dealer will be the most important aspect. Some dealers are excellent, while many are garbage. This is true with all brands, but Audi/VW it is especially so.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have an 08 s-line 2.0 quattro loaner right now while my A3 is in the shop....
  • it's a solid ride, very comfortable
  • it's also very sluggish, would prefer manual ******
  • the MMI navigation system is a complete PITA, clunky, and worthless, although the SD card slots are cool
  • i give it a B+ overall
  • again, it's an 08 so i can't speak for the newer ones
  • i'd recommend 3.2 quattro or 2.0 FWD if you want to have fun driving. 2.0 quattro isn't very efficient
also, if you get GEICO insurance, you can have MBI (mechanical breakdown) which is basically an extended warranty at a much cheaper rate than a factory warranty. covers just about everything for something like 7 years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads