• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aubin Wills

Pembers

Reaction score
Here in Englad, Aubin and Wills (with Jack Wills, which is basically another line from the same company) is strongly associated with insecure middle-class university students trying to look like country gentry. In fact, the Jack Wills slogan is "Outfitters to the Gentry". It's all a bit pathetic, but I guess taken out the context of the class neuroses of the UK, this might not matter. Some of the stuff is quite stylish, but universally WAY overpriced, and often has logos all over it.

Jack Wills is almost all made in China (though often using British cloth in the case of wool products, a fact they trumpet loudly), but I'm not sure about Aubin. If your jacket IS made in the UK, this information will be written somewhere in huge letters.

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aubin is the more 'grown up' line and seems decent quality. its not a brand i would've gone near but there is an A&W concession in selfridges (it's also stocked on mr porter). i happened to pick up a pair of chinos, they fit me very well and they are pretty well made for the money.

if it is this blazer, i recall thinking it was a bit lightweight but looked quite nice. cut fairly short but that may not be a bad thing for a modern fit.
http://www.mrporter.com/product/301055

Last edited:

Pembers

Reaction score

Spot on, that is the exact blazer I bought. I also bought the J Crew linen herringbone jacket in Ludlow fit, but I will most likely only keep one of them.

Ah if you got it for 150, then I'd say that's probably a good deal. :)

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed, their tailoring is reasonably high quality. From memory: English Cloth, Half Canvas, Surgeons Cuffs, Bemberg Lining. Can't go wrong at £150 and the modern cut to boot.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for that price i think you did well with the A&W, i just didn't think it was worth full retail when i tried it on. pls post some pics when you get it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads