• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attolini > Kiton?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Attolini better made than Kiton? I know Kiton is far more know and thus might have a more infalted sense of worth, but in terms of construction and cloth used, is Attolini better made? Are they are better value?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own both of these brands, but i am not a expert on construction so i cant really comment on the insides. On the outside Attolini looks like it has more handwork, and the pants look better made as well. But in terms of fabric kiton wins hands down, i mean it could be that the attolini i have is just a 130s from the year 1885 or w/e, but Kitons 14 micron 180s is just simply divine. All in though i think Attolini is still the better value.

Hengo

Reaction score
I have several suits from both makers, as well as shirts and outerwear. I prefer Attolini, but like the previous speaker, I am also no expert on construction. For suit fabrics, the Attolinis I have are s100 and s120. Obviously, next to a Kiton s180 there is a real difference. Nevertheless, I feel that Attolini has focused on fabrics that make good suits, rather than fabric with high super numbers. The Attolini fabrics, in my view, make for a better appearance (at least the ones I have) and durability. I see more handwork on Attolini, and especially the Attolini trousers are works of art.
As for shirts, Kiton fabrics seem more luxurious, but the fit of my Attolinis is better.
Both brands are great, but I hold Attolini higher.
Thanks.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've always considered Attolini to make the superior product.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hengo
I have several suits from both makers, as well as shirts and outerwear. I prefer Attolini, but like the previous speaker, I am also no expert on construction. For suit fabrics, the Attolinis I have are s100 and s120. Obviously, next to a Kiton s180 there is a real difference. Nevertheless, I feel that Attolini has focused on fabrics that make good suits, rather than fabric with high super numbers. The Attolini fabrics, in my view, make for a better appearance (at least the ones I have) and durability. I see more handwork on Attolini, and especially the Attolini trousers are works of art.
As for shirts, Kiton fabrics seem more luxurious, but the fit of my Attolinis is better.
Both brands are great, but I hold Attolini higher.
Thanks.

Basically what i was trying to say but you did it in a much more eloquent way.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5% more handwork etc doesn't really matter to me. Fit is much more important and Attolini suits fit much better.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was at a Kiton boutique recently but didn't spent too much time. From what I saw of the shirts, quality has really came down. The buttonholes looked very haphazardly made.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
I was at a Kiton boutique recently but didn't spent too much time. From what I saw of the shirts, quality has really came down. The buttonholes looked very haphazardly made.
I can't tell too much from recent experience. But I do know that Kiton has really been trying to expand its footprint in the US recently and carve into the Gucci/LV/Armani turf. Given that those makers are concerned more with branding than with quality, I hope Kiton doesn't feel obligated to follow suit (no pun intended). Probably a more likely path will be emulating Zegna's success in the US. Quality does tend to suffer with a large expansion of scale, though not necessarily.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard

Quality does tend to suffer with a large expansion of scale, though not necessarily.

There is only so much the hands of Neopolitan virgin maidens can accomplish with all that handwork.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
At least in the Kiton boutique in NYC two years ago, the models they carried were quite different in cut than those at Bergdorf, and Wilkes in San Francisco. Also, they didn't have my size, 44R, in stock. Not an uncommon size.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Is Attolini better made than Kiton? I know Kiton is far more know and thus might have a more infalted sense of worth, but in terms of construction and cloth used, is Attolini better made? Are they are better value?

Grow up.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
At least in the Kiton boutique in NYC two years ago, the models they carried were quite
different in cut than those at Bergdorf, and Wilkes in San Francisco. Also, they didn't have
my size, 44R, in stock. Not an uncommon size.

You would be surprised how hard 44R is hard to find in stock... along with 36S, 38S / R, 40 S / R / L, etc...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads