Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Attolini Black TopCoat with a persian lamb collar-PiCs!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Soph

Soph Senior member

If you want a coat of persian lamb check out the first coat in the coats section in the collections on Attolini's website.

http://www.cesareattolini.it/inglese/index2.htm

Black with a persian lamb collar. Stunning. If someone can capture that picture and post it here I would greatly appreciate it.

Ask and you shall receive denning: I like this better than the Kiton
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

I love Attolini styling.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

The Attolini cut always strikes me as too much. I think that it tends towards the extreme which, for me, is not really a good thing.

4. denning

denning Senior member

Thanks Soph.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

6. itsstillmatt

yum yum

[​IMG]

That one is beautiful!!

7. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I am sure it's beautiful in person too but as you said about extreme cuts, how much waist suppression is enough? This is one is even more pronounced than the lamb and imo, too much waist suppression and the coat begins to look like a ladies coat.

8. itsstillmatt

I am sure it's beautiful in person too but as you said about extreme cuts, how much waist suppression is enough? This is one is even more pronounced than the lamb and imo, too much waist suppression and the coat begins to look like a ladies coat.
    They really don't have THAT much waist suppression. THey are all severely pinned. I would need to get one of their suitjackets tken in a bunch in the middle to fit correctly. My problem is with the super high gorge that they have. I like a high gorge when done right, but as is noted in the AAAC thread about Kiton handwork, Attolini uses machines for the insides and it is difficult to get such a high gorge to lay right when it is machine stitched. Even if done correctly, the height of the Attolini gorge borders on costume for me.

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

My problem is with the super high gorge that they have. I like a high gorge when done right, but as is noted in the AAAC thread about Kiton handwork, Attolini uses machines for the insides and it is difficult to get such a high gorge to lay right when it is machine stitched.

Seriously? I'm surprised they can get away with it at their price-point.

10. itsstillmatt

Seriously? I'm surprised they can get away with it at their price-point.
    That is what I understand, and certainly what their website shows. AHarris has confirmed the same. Additionally, if you look at the jacket belonging to one of the Attolinis, it is much less severe [​IMG].

11. EL72

EL72 Senior member

They really don't have THAT much waist suppression. THey are all severely pinned. I would need to get one of their suitjackets tken in a bunch in the middle to fit correctly.

My problem is with the super high gorge that they have. I like a high gorge when done right, but as is noted in the AAAC thread about Kiton handwork, Attolini uses machines for the insides and it is difficult to get such a high gorge to lay right when it is machine stitched. Even if done correctly, the height of the Attolini gorge borders on costume for me.

I guess it's a matter of taste, and I certainly share some of your dislike for extremely high gorges but, machine-stitched or not, the coats on their web site (and the few I have seen in person) seem to lay beautifully and have stunning lapel rolls.

btw, when you say you would get the jacket taken in, are you saying you would make it even more narrow at the waist?

12. itsstillmatt

I guess it's a matter of taste, and I certainly share some of your dislike for extremely high gorges but, machine-stitched or not, the coats on their web site (and the few I have seen in person) seem to lay beautifully and have stunning lapel rolls.

btw, when you say you would get the jacket taken in, are you saying you would make it even more narrow at the waist?

Yes, taken in at the waist. The coats are certainly striking. There is no doubt about that. However, if you look closely at the pictures on the website, the end of the collar and the top of the lapel tend to come away from the jacket. That really should not happen...especially at the prices they charge. As far as the gorge height, I think that a high gorge is really nice, but when you have a HUGE departure from the form of the human body (like severely roped shoulders etc), you start to look like you are wearing armour and not clothing IMO.

13. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

I think that the Persian lamb collar is best done in a shawl lapel.

14. Soph

Soph Senior member

That one is beautiful!!

I would actually choose this one!
    I love the vertical subtle stripe and great neutral collar.

I have a solid Attolini Navy 3 Button Overcoat. [​IMG]
    I feel sartorially bullet proof in it like armour[​IMG]

15. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

A fine overcoat that would require a very conservative outfit to achieve the proper level of irony.