• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Attolini and Barbera

paul6001

Reaction score
I discovered therealreal.com a few months back. With Century 21 closed, I’m still able to dress far above my station in life.

My first purchase from TRR way s a pure cashmere jacket from Dominoco Vacca, made by Cesare Attolini. Easy conclusions to reach because they both have tags sewn all over the jacket. I paid about $150 for a jacket that must have cost—what?—$5,000? $6,000? More?

With the warmer weather here, I just picked up a lighter jacket. Some sort of silk blend from Luciano Barbera. About $75. There’s a small Barbera tag and that’s it. But I swear that this jackets is identical to the Vacca. Same fit, same shoulder, same pockets. (Good for me since I’m not as thin as the average Neopolitan and these jackets are a bit more generous than Kiton, et. al.)

Could Attolini have made the Barbera jacket? Anyone? I’d have a hard time believing that these jackets weren’t made by the same hand.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attolini did make some things for Luciano Barbera a long time ago yes.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They did have a good run with DV, before he started taking off the «CA per DV» factory labels and replacing them with his own «DV» Labels..🤷🏻‍♂️

paul6001

Reaction score
Gorgeous jacket. Just gorgeous. I thought about joining the club but decided that I couldn't wear that one jacket night after night. And what if I needed a suit?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy