• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attn: Tokyo/Kansai area members!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is anyone around? Are you ready? Have you warned all the Rastafarians in Kabukicho that I'm coming back?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
still nobody, Slim? Next time, just swing by SEAsia!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Its alright, I'm sure I'll be able to entertain myself.

I'm flying over on family mileage, and not being paid for this "vacation" so detouring or travelling outside of Tokyo probably won't be happening.

Eleven days (minus a couple for family gathering and visiting the ancestral burial grounds) of all the fun that can be had in Tokyo for $500. I should write a "Tokyo on $40 a day" article.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo Slim,

I don't think I will be in Tokyo in the next few weeks but If you do end up coming to Kansai, drop me a PM. I am crazy busy these days but will gladly meet up for some beers if feasible.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Yo Slim,

I don't think I will be in Tokyo in the next few weeks but If you do end up coming to Kansai, drop me a PM. I am crazy busy these days but will gladly meet up for some beers if feasible.

Well its like two months from now.

smile.gif

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Well its like two months from now.

smile.gif

Ah. In that case...let me know the dates. i may be in Tokyo a few times in August to October.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Especially the cattle.

I should be free from Sept. 2nd to Sept. 9th. I am doing family stuff for a couple days before that.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I should write a "Tokyo on $40 a day" article.
Wednesday: Ate cup noodles. Watched gameshow through the window of electric store before being asked to move on. Slept.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Wednesday: Ate cup noodles. Watched gameshow through the window of electric store before being asked to move on. Slept.

Thursday: Took Yamanote line from Shinjuku to Shibuya. Stayed on for three loops to get money's worth. Sumptuous dinner on free samples in department store basements. Living high on the hog today; used toilet in the lobby of Tokyu Hotel in Cerulean Tower.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Friday: Spent the day throwing stones at small dogs in park. Called distant relatives from payphone to beg for food. Phone cost daily allowance and cut out before they could work out where I was. Ate three cherry blossoms and wondered how I will get home. Slept in park while dogs took their revenge on me.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Saturday 2:45 a.m.: Japanese dogs are too polite to bite, but you wouldn't believe the capacity of their bladders! Woke up drenched and unable to sleep. Found a couple of drunks passed out with a few half-empties and the remains of a bento they'd scrounged from the garbage. A windfall! First square meal in days. Rifled through their pockets and found 673 yen and a pack with three broken cigarettes left. Washed off dog piss in nearby public restroom and used the money to sleep the rest of the night in booth in an internet cafe, which includes free (non-alcoholic) drinks. Things are looking up!

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woke to the sound of my pup tent being flogged by a landowner bordering Ryokuchi Park.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads