1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Attn Sellers: Beware of selling Intl. through Paypal

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by edubs01, Jun 30, 2012.

1. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti
    Wouldn't insuring the parcel be prudent? Seems to me it would protect the seller. Or is that too expensive also?

2. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Guys, I have had local packages get stolen in exavtly the same way, this has nothing to do with international shipping. BTW the seller assumes the costs, that's how it usually goes.

3. rdstour

rdstour Senior member

Seeing as how the seller used First Class International, maybe he cheaped out, I'm sure he wasn't aware of the issues and tracking problems etc.
    Now he knows better.

It's why I usually offer only express mail international for buyers.

However- can someone answer my question?

Is Express Mail International the only service that offers "true" tracking?

4. mexican88

mexican88 Well-Known Member

I think its far to risky to send anything without full insurance. The onus is very much with the seller. If you are a genuine seller, post something and it gets lost then the buyer can open up a claim with paypal and they will suspend your account and will normally find in favour of the plaintive. If your insured then you the buyer can claim with your postal company but this can take weeks. If your not insured your basically fucked. The only exception is if the buyer wont pay for a premium service but will send as a gift payment. They have no recompense if the item goers missing and cannot open a claim against you. Its on their head. However for the sake of a few extra £ its just not worth taking the risk. I do feel especially with paypal and ebay that things are very much weighted in favour of the buyer and not the seller and I have had fraudulent or dishonest buyers exploiting this point.