• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attn Sellers: Beware of selling Intl. through Paypal

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Demanding tracking will also will diminish interest in what you're selling and reduce the selling price.

It's either that or give some on your price. That's just the way it is with shipping internationally. Someone has to pay for it one way or the other. I didn't see the post saying it was only $1 more, how I wish that were true :lol:

Bottom line, this is a **** situation and I feel bad for the OP, but I think he needs to take it as a lesson learned and do a little more to protect himself in the next transaction.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bottom line, this is a **** situation and I feel bad for the OP, but I think he needs to take it as a lesson learned and do a little more to protect himself in the next transaction.

Totally. We can agree that paypal will side with the buyer. They really don't care about sellers these days. Basically sellers are riding on buyers being nice people if they don't get tracking!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A true gentlemen would split the cost with me.
That is the reason I am putting mythage on blast.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A true gentlemen would split the cost with me.

Well, it's up to you, but I wouldn't go sell stuff on the Internet relying on imagined gentleman's agreements.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't insuring the parcel be prudent? Seems to me it would protect the seller. Or is that too expensive also?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Guys, I have had local packages get stolen in exavtly the same way, this has nothing to do with international shipping. BTW the seller assumes the costs, that's how it usually goes.

rdstour

Reaction score
Seeing as how the seller used First Class International, maybe he cheaped out, I'm sure he wasn't aware of the issues and tracking problems etc.
Now he knows better.

It's why I usually offer only express mail international for buyers.

However- can someone answer my question?

Is Express Mail International the only service that offers "true" tracking?

mexican88

Reaction score
I think its far to risky to send anything without full insurance. The onus is very much with the seller. If you are a genuine seller, post something and it gets lost then the buyer can open up a claim with paypal and they will suspend your account and will normally find in favour of the plaintive. If your insured then you the buyer can claim with your postal company but this can take weeks. If your not insured your basically fucked. The only exception is if the buyer wont pay for a premium service but will send as a gift payment. They have no recompense if the item goers missing and cannot open a claim against you. Its on their head. However for the sake of a few extra £ its just not worth taking the risk. I do feel especially with paypal and ebay that things are very much weighted in favour of the buyer and not the seller and I have had fraudulent or dishonest buyers exploiting this point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads