• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attn: Los Angeles and So.Cal SF'ers

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Studio D'artisan is available at a place called Waraku on Abbot Kinney Blvd. in Venice. 310.452.5300. Don't know if this is common knowledge, but I just discovered it. Thought I'd let you know. The place has all kinds of japanese clothing, they also have a couple of the belts from Studio D'artisan.

Also, there's a place called Brick Lane 310.392.2525 that carries loads of stuff from the UK. They had a great selection of new Pringle that looked totally sick, a bunch of Ted Baker, Merc, and Ben Sherman and some more. Very cool stuff, and some awesome hoodies that I've never seen before.

Abbot Kinney is the best street in Venice. There's some great places too eat too, great place to spend a couple hours, and I always see the hottest japanese girls there.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
good lookin out lance, I'll try and check it out this weekend since I'll be in LA

Is this anywhere near viceroy and casa del mar hotels or no?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Yea there was a thread about Waraku a year+ ago.....if I remember right, back then when I called they only had a couple models and they werent the ones that most want, being washed models and a more relaxed fit. I dont remember which ones they were tho. But that's cool they have the belts...do you know if Waraku has stuff like the raw SD-103s now?

Brick Lane sounds cool....I'm always into checking out stores with Pringle!

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get Smart - Yeah, they did have some raw, and I tried on a pair but I'm pretty sure it was the SD-301. My knowledge of the brand is pretty much zero, but I would think they could order the SD-103? Not sure. I kinda liked the SD-301's though.

JET - Yeah it's near there. It's really close to the Venice boardwalk.

Wolf is another store that had some cool pieces too.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
How did they fit, I'm looking for some loose one's man. What size did you try on? How was the width of the leg and opening? Thanks lance.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I live about a block from A-K. Definitely some good stores and restaurants. I haven't checked the gear at Waraku in a while. But, they have a huge selection of sneakers. I'll have to go by this weekend and look at the Studio Ds. BTW, if anyone's a sushi fan, definitely check out Shima. Really good fish and super mod interior.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Checked out all 3 stores today since I had nothing better to do. Wolf was kinda cool, the girl Karly was nice and she had the whole kick back venice attitude. They had a couple of things that were alright.

Waraku, I was disappointed with the sda selection though they did have the 301s. The leg opening was too small and the upper part of the jean too big like the 501 it's patterned after I guess which was the whole reason for me starting the regular fit ***. denim thread. The other SDAs had funky designs on the back. They had the sda belts and a **** load of ***. converse and other sneaks.

Brick lane had a tiny room with some cool oliver spencer and pringle goodies. They had a sick sick sick brown velvet military jacket that I loved which fit me perfect but it was like 650, too much. It had 3 or 4 buttons like a blazer but like the rag bone work coat collar only nicer. The lady Tracy was cool as ****.

Thanks for the heads up btw Lance.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Checked out all 3 stores today since I had nothing better to do. Wolf was kinda cool, the girl Karly was nice and she had the whole kick back venice attitude. They had a couple of things that were alright.

Waraku, I was disappointed with the sda selection though they did have the 301s. The leg opening was too small and the upper part of the jean too big like the 501 it's patterned after I guess which was the whole reason for me starting the regular fit ***. denim thread. The other SDAs had funky designs on the back. They had the sda belts and a **** load of ***. converse and other sneaks.

Brick lane had a tiny room with some cool oliver spencer and pringle goodies. They had a sick sick sick brown velvet military jacket that I loved which fit me perfect but it was like 650, too much. The lady Tracy was cool as ****.

Did you ever try on 5EPs?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nah man, I'm waiting for this marsupialed fred segal sale to be over with after which they'll have more 5eps. I think I know where else I can find them and I know I'm going to end up with a pair within a couple of weeks b/c they look to be exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to fade the nudies so they'll go with my brown suede guccis even better and the dark one rinse ep's will stay clean for my black and other two tone shoes.

The thin gray cashmere pringle hoody fit perfect and had argyle print on the inside of the hood, very trick and about 500 iirc or so.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Nah man, I'm waiting for this marsupialed fred segal sale to be over with after which they'll have more 5eps. I think I know where else I can find them and I know I'm going to end up with a pair within a couple of weeks b/c they look to be exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to fade the nudies so they'll go with my brown suede guccis even better and the dark one rinse ep's will stay clean for my black and other two tone shoes.

The thin gray cashmere pringle hoody fit perfect and had argyle print on the inside of the hood, very trick and about 500 iirc or so.

Ah, you never got a chance to try them on? I was going to say you could have gotten them from oak.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ya I know I always look at the site but I try to avoid ordering stuff I can get locally especially since I haven't tried them on. I love the simplicity and lack of designs on them too.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET

Sure no problem. It would be nice if waraku would start carrying more raw japanese denim, so the LA peeps have a local source. And maybe add samurai or pbj or something to their line. I asked the dude there about them and he said he'd never heard of them. I honestly don't know who is actually buying the jeans with all the marsupialation on the back pockets.

But yeah, brick lane has some expensive stuff. I think Fiona Apple has a house around there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads