• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

attn: anyone in SF...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
SFSU isn't even technically in SF is it?

Yes it is.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is SFSU the "best" university in SF? I realize that any measurement of "best" tends to be arbitrary, so let's go with most well regarded instead.

(edit: best regarded other than Berkeley, obviously.)

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Is SFSU the "best" university in SF? I realize that any measurement of "best" tends to be arbitrary, so let's go with most well regarded instead.

(edit: best regarded other than Berkeley, obviously.)

SF is not really rich ground for universities. The two best in the region -- Stanford and Cal -- are not in The City. The City only has two undergraduate schools, SFSU (part of the Cal State system) and USF (a private Catholic school, though Catholic in name only). Then there are two anomolous UC campuses: UCSF (med school and hospital) and Hastings (law school). Beyond that, you have some art schools, and a community college, and that's it.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UCSF is quite good, but it doesn't have undergrads. As far as state schools go, SFSU is just as good for a general degree as an overpriced school like Stanford.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
haha, too bad there's no bullet train to canada!
I don't know...the daily commute wouldn't be too bad if you were careful to avoid rush hour traffic. (In all seriousness, bullet trains from Canada to the US would be awesome. Someone should build some.)
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
I may have had one of my more dumb internet moments, because I opened that, and thought "why the hell does google maps open up to where I am from with directions to where the room is?" And it took the bullet train post for me to realize that Stazy is from Edmonton too.
Nice to see another member from the "City of Champions"
cheers.gif

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
so i pretty much had decided on a place, and the ******* asshole people are racist. once my mom left them a message they started ignoring our calls and we called the other number and the lady's husband started talking to my mom and asking her where she is from and like making all these excuses not to rent because she is hispanic, and my mom even told them that i was born here and her husband is american.

so im still homeless.
frown.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
so i pretty much had decided on a place, and the ******* asshole people are racist. once my mom left them a message they started ignoring our calls and we called the other number and the lady's husband started talking to my mom and asking her where she is from and like making all these excuses not to rent because she is hispanic, and my mom even told them that i was born here and her husband is american.

so im still homeless.
frown.gif

That sounds extremely illegal.

Not that it gets you an apartment any faster, but it's still bullshit.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My wife says that the inner sunset is the way to go. Between Fifth and 25th between Lincoln and Taraval. The closer you get to 19th, the cheaper it will be.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
My wife says that the inner sunset is the way to go. Between Fifth and 25th between Lincoln and Taraval. The closer you get to 19th, the cheaper it will be.

i've been looking around there. just as long as its not racist chinese people i'll be ok.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
RE YOU RACIST AGAINST RACIST CHINEEEEZE?

Just felt like yelling. Sorry.

emptym

Reaction score
so im still homeless.
frown.gif

Something good will come up. I went in June to find a place. Bought a ticket for 6 days planning to spend 5 finding housing and a sixth doing paperwork for the new job. Called 10-20 places a day and looked at 3-5 places a day for the five days (w/ some great help and company from Matt), but found nothing really appealing after 5 days. On the sixth day on the way to the dept. to do the paperwork, I thought I'd stop in a church for a minute. Said "thanks for my being here. Pls. let me find a good place to stay..." and my cell phone rang immediately. The apt. was the cheapest, nicest, largest, and best located of all the places I'd looked at. My roomate wanted his own bathroom and carpeted floors and I wanted hardwood. It had one room w/ its own br and carpet and the rest was hardwood. He has a car and I have a motorcycle. The space attached to this apt. is extra-wide, perfect for both vehicles. It was just nuts. Also, it has a tiny, windowless room we may use as a guest room. You might be able to stay for a few days while you look for something permanent. We're just moving in ourselves. I'm in Omaha on the way across country now (staying at MJK's). Will get there maybe by next Wed.

Does your college have an off-campus housing office?

Last edited:

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym

Something good will come up. I went in June to find a place. Bought a ticket for 6 days planning to spend 5 finding housing and a sixth doing paperwork for the new job. Called 10-20 places a day and looked at 3-5 places a day for the five days (w/ some great help and company from Matt), but found nothing really appealing after 5 days. On the sixth day on the way to the dept. to do the paperwork, I thought I'd stop in a church for a minute. Said "thanks for my being here. Pls. let me find a good place to stay..." and my cell phone rang immediately. The apt. was the cheapest, nicest, largest, and best located of all the places I'd looked at. My roomate wanted his own bathroom and carpeted floors and I wanted hardwood. It had one room w/ its own br and carpet and the rest was hardwood. He has a car and I have a motorcycle. The space attached to this apt. is extra-wide, perfect for both vehicles. It was just nuts. Also, it has a tiny, windowless room we may use as a guest room. You might be able to stay for a few days while you look for something permanent. We're just moving in ourselves. I'm in Omaha on the way across country now (staying at MJK's). Will get there maybe by next Wed.

Does your college have an off-campus housing office?

Dewd, its freaking stellar when everything falls into place.

K

Last edited by a moderator:

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
ARE YOU RACIST AGAINST RACIST CHINEEEEZE?
no they were racist against me and my mom.

Originally Posted by VKK3450
Dewd, its freaking stellar when everything falls into place.

K

nothing has fallen into place for me and im supposed to be moving in 20 days.
plain.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nothing has fallen into place for me and im supposed to be moving in 20 days.
plain.gif

Yeeeesssss, you are right, apooloogees for my insensitivity.

I shall light a candle and make a prayer to Hannibal of the A-Team to handle this matter for you.

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads