• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attila Shoes Budapest

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are those new? I don't recall seeing them before. I would love the details on them

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FrankCowperwood, are those really low instepped or a little too small for you?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are those new? I don't recall seeing them before. I would love the details on them

Thanks.

These are still my first pair. They are German last wingtips on double leather sole with Goyser stitching. Calf leather in their lightest shade.

@FrankCowperwood, are those really low instepped or a little too small for you?

Good eye Ozzy. Probably a touch too small.

I believe Gabriella ended up fitting me with a 10UK, which is .5 smaller than I would have guessed I'd need.

I don't think the last has a particularly low instep (though I don't have a point of comparison of course). More room in the instep is top of my list of adjustments for my next order. By overall I think I could use a little more room in the forefoot. Will be interesting to see what Attila can do in this regard (i.e., adjust the German last to suit me, simply move me up a .5 size, or recommend a different last... I still am not sure just how custom they really are).

Even though I think I can improve on the fit, they are really quite comfortable.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great intro, @FrankCowperwood . I will check them out.

The one ryden posted also looked superb; more my style, but I love that Goyser stitching on yours.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Attila seems to offer a nice range to choose from. Something for most people.

Reaction score
Hi, My shoes finally arrived and could not be more satisfied. The matte black finish is excellent and the detail is amazing in brogue. Without exaggeration, the initial try was the most comfortable of any shoe I own. The foot bed and leather lining are so well finished. My order was safe mode,

so I went with a classic oxford with a rubber cover over the leather sole and a full rubber cover on the heel. I will update the forum as I wear these shoes. Monday is the test run, but they look and feel great. The leather is more subtle and softer than the pictures might indicate. I do not believe they will need a break in period. I will keep you posted.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi, My shoes finally arrived and could not be more satisfied. The matte black finish is excellent and the detail is amazing in brogue. Without exaggeration, the initial try was the most comfortable of any shoe I own. The foot bed and leather lining are so well finished. My order was safe mode,
so I went with a classic oxford with a rubber cover over the leather sole and a full rubber cover on the heel. I will update the forum as I wear these shoes. Monday is the test run, but they look and feel great. The leather is more subtle and softer than the pictures might indicate. I do not believe they will need a break in period. I will keep you posted.
Great! Thanks for posting. I was wondering a little while ago whether you'd receive this yet. Hunor last looks really nice here. I'll admit that I probably wouldn't have considered it from the Attila site, but I like how it looks here. I'll look forward to seeing some photos in the wild and once you've had a chance to wear them around. I hope they meet your expectations and that you enjoy wearing them.

johntab

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Attila shoes in August and received them yesterday. I could not be more pleased. Had them on for about an hour and they felt like sneakers by the time I removed them.

Here's what I ordered:
Derby
Black Calf
Double sole with goyser

I will back up the previous comments on Gabriella. I too, visited most of the shops mentioned plus some others. I bought from them because Gabriella was extremely nice and I liked her. At this price point I think most of the shoemakers are working with similar materials and using the same techniques. To learn more about how these are made I recommend the book Handmade Shoes for Men by Laszlo Vass - order from Amazon. Once you know the why and the how of handmade custom shoes you will see that they are just as much for your health as they are for fashion. Now that they have my measurements it will be real easy to order more :D

If you have a moment check out their very well done video:

0.jpg

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I ordered a pair of Attila shoes in August and received them yesterday. I could not be more pleased. Had them on for about an hour and they felt like sneakers by the time I removed them. Here's what I ordered: Derby Black Calf Double sole with goyser
I will back up the previous comments on Gabriella. I too, visited most of the shops mentioned plus some others. I bought from them because Gabriella was extremely nice and I liked her. At this price point I think most of the shoemakers are working with similar materials and using the same techniques. To learn more about how these are made I recommend the book Handmade Shoes for Men by Laszlo Vass - order from Amazon. Once you know the why and the how of handmade custom shoes you will see that they are just as much for your health as they are for fashion. Now that they have my measurements it will be real easy to order more :D If you have a moment check out their very well done video:
Very nice. Is this the Manual last? And I take it that you had your feet measured during a visit to the shop in Budapest? This motivates me to check in with Gabriella about a second pair... :nodding: Edit: And thanks for posting the video.

Last edited:

johntab

Reaction score
Yes it was the Manual last and Gabriella measured my feet (twice!) in the store.

johntab

Reaction score
If I remember correctly there is no sales tax/VAT on them as they are handcrafted and have an exemption.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads