Attention dc labelwhores

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The Filene's Basement on Connecticut Avenue recently received a large shipment of Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, and Armani (alas, Mani and Collezioni).  This past weekend I picked up a pair of Prada patent leather oxfords for $150, discounted from $350.  They still have a large selection of Brioni jackets.

Also, the Filene's suit sale starts today.  Pretty good selection of Oxxford and Corneliani.

2. Eric

Eric Senior member

Ambulance Chaser,

What are the cross streets, I'd like to check it out...

Eric

3. kabert

kabert Senior member

All three of the DC Filene's got in the big D&G/Prada shipment. The CT Ave store is one block south of the intersection of M Street and Connecticut Ave. I'm holding out for everything to go on further markdown.... Plus, though there's some very nice D&G stuff (some of it surprisingly conservative looking), when I tried on a couple pairs of pants, I found that they are cut like in a "very" trendy style -- I couldn't fit into my usual size (way too tight) and the top of the slacks are cut in an extreme low-rise manner. Oh well. I'll stick to Incotex and Oxxford.

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The two good Filene's Basements (Connecticut Avenue and Mazza Gallerie) have recently discounted their Kiton/Brioni/Oxxford sportscoats. Â I'm sure it came as a shock to them that men in DC were not willing to pay $800+ for a sportscoat. Â [​IMG] Â Prices now range roughly between $480 and $650. Â Prices on the labelwhorewear (Armani/Prada/Dolce & Gabbana) have not moved. Â This thread will be updated when circumstances warrant it.

5. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

did anyone looking thru the sportcoats notice if they had a good range of sizes? I wear a 46-48R in most.