• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attend the EG trunk show @Leffot's?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone attend the EG trunk show @ Leffort this past weekend? I was truely impressed with the Ringwood loafers.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
The shade of brown and the last were perfect for that shoe. The price had jumped up to $1150.
frown.gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Leffot offer EGs @ 49% OFF ?
Ralph does, plus tosses in awesome trees
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
leffot is a small business run by a great guy with a wonderful selection. if you are ever going to pay retail, you should pay it there.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only time when I'd ever pay retail for seasonal and/or off-the-shelf product is when the seller happens to be the only outlet in town, and I've got a titanium-grade hard-on for something in his stock

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
I've got a titanium-grade hard-on
pix pls

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

evanrose

Reaction score
I was there. Pics of the show are here. Attached is one of me (that's me on the far left with my lady friend) on the far left.
2961791002_09816fa748_o.jpg
I put in an order for a pair of Shannons in midnight blue with suede up top on the double leather sole along with trees and a midnight blue belt. Check these for reference:
2950430648_162d8387f4.jpg
I seem to put in an order every time I walk into that store, which is relatively often. I think Steven might have some actual pics of the new shoes and I'll see if I can get him to post some - they're rather Lobb-ish and I think when pics get into circulation, there'll be a bit of an uproar from the purists. We'll see.

evanrose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmprisons
leffot is a small business run by a great guy with a wonderful selection. if you are ever going to pay retail, you should pay it there.

And I totally agree. He has shoes that no one in America/New York has (who's got EGs on the 888 in New York?) and he is a great guy with a great shop and he's providing not only a great product but a fine service to New York dudes wishing to step it up, rather like myself.

XdryMartini

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Does Leffot offer EGs @ 49% OFF ?
Ralph does, plus tosses in awesome trees
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Who is "Ralph" and does he have a web site or phone number?? I haven't stimulated the economy this month and shoes seem like a good thing to purchase...

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
Thank you for the initial post.

I vaguely heard about Leffot, however, I did not realize the richness of its offerings until I checked its blog.

plotter

Reaction score
I was there, initimidated by prices, and will be returning in January to buy 2 shoes when my yearly bonus comes through. It was a good experience. I also like the aubercys, and corthays, and G&Gs there as well. Great selection.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XdryMartini
Who is "Ralph" and does he have a web site or phone number?? I haven't stimulated the economy this month and shoes seem like a good thing to purchase...

His last name is Lifshitz, and he lives in a mansion on Madison Avenue.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like it was a very nice event. Now, I'm really disapointed I missed the EG trunk show with Hilary Freeman at l'Uomo Montreal last month.

plotter

Reaction score
He lives in a mansion filled with racist salesmen on Madison Avenue.

Originally Posted by grimslade
His last name is Lifshitz, and he lives in a mansion on Madison Avenue.

JordanB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by plotter
He lives in a mansion filled with racist salesmen on Madison Avenue.

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you heard them speaking or just seen their treatment?

I generally find the salesmen their to be snotty, but I do think Chuck is very helpful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads