• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attack! Attack! Attack!

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Finally, I have donned my Prince of Darkness suit, which is formal enough yet shows that I also have a darker side. This is comprised of a black velvet jacket, a black leather vest, a black suede dress shirt, another of my Grandfather’s silk ties, a black leather belt, black dress slacks, and black leather boots." He is going to get real hot, real fast. I don't even want to imagine how sweaty he's going to get wearing that.

Gherkins

Reaction score
Give the guy a break.
Although it is not my taste, Metal Heads often enough really care about their style. And to me pretty much everything is fine, as long as the wearer spends some time thinking about what he wears and why he wears it. And this guy is obviously thinking about it. The insight to wear shorter sleeves will follow later.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
thing I wasn't drinking coffee or I'd be in need of a new computer right about now.

I don't quite understand the correlation between coffee and a new computer. Is this a SF inside joke?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
I don't quite understand the correlation between coffee and a new computer. Is this a SF inside joke?

confused.gif

(me + coffee + lulz) * spit take = coffee drenched laptop

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
"Finally, I have donned my Prince of Darkness suit, which is formal enough yet shows that I also have a darker side. This is comprised of a black velvet jacket, a black leather vest, a black suede dress shirt, another of my Grandfather's silk ties, a black leather belt, black dress slacks, and black leather boots."

He is going to get real hot, real fast. I don't even want to imagine how sweaty he's going to get wearing that.

That's true. However, unless the picture is very misleading, his description is inaccurate and the vest is gray. Which makes the look better than it would if it were black. With the dress shirt in another shade of gray rather than black, the top part of the outfit wouldn't look bad. Except for the fit, of course. To his credit, he's being true to his metalhead personality while suited up.

Also, in the second picture, he's wearing a blazer suit. Apparently he thinks that an odd jacket plus odd pants in a similar color makes a suit
plain.gif

Phlexrayon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
love this line.
"this suit is a little too formal for going out in society."

the weather is getting warmer so now he can shorten the sleeves.

line of the day .. "the weather is getting warmer so he can shorten the sleeves"

priceless.

Magman

Reaction score
I can just see him standing there happy as can be...in a sleeveless suit. As to the idea that thinking about how you dress is sufficient, I must respectfully disagree. Simply thinking about something doesn't imply that you have come to a correct answer. Admittedly, fashion is much more subjective than many things, but still, the gold leotard is always wrong.

Call me old fashioned but hey, he gets an A for effort in any case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads