• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Atrium smashed up!!

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
omg!!! ain't that some ****? just a few hours ago i witnessed a shoplifting gone BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD @ the Atrium in SoHo.

You guys heard about this? I mean the store front is all smashed up due to the ruckus!! blood spattered floors, broken theft detectors, awed spectators shaking their heads repeating........."over a pair of jeans!!"

All I know is Nudies are the devils spawn.
devil.gif

tangerine

Reaction score
I thought that was Cheap Mondays.

Details?

Ott

Reaction score
I would kill everyone on this forum for a pair of svenskas, no word of a lie
plain.gif

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Some skater dudes came in to Atrium and immediately started 'admiring' the Nudies. Talking amongst themselves how these are the hot ***** and they must cop a pair. Apparently one of the kids held on to the pair he had a little too long, on his way out, for the security's comfort. So the security held on to him and ordered the staff call the cops (doubt they immediately did).

So the kid's friends are all yelling and struggling with the security to get him loose. Few minutes into it - they all went to blows. Skateboards came in to play. I give the security mad props for holding on to the kid as long as he did while the other kids whaled on him. They tried closing the security gates to trap them in but they held 'em open. The mele spilled out unto the streets and a crowd gathered. Amidts all the ruckus the security guard never lost his grip. As the kid's desperation grew he managed to somehow free himself but not b4 the security could get hold of another one of them. It all played out without any seruous injury - but during it all the kids that were trying to help their friend started banging on the storefront glass/doors with their skateboards and thats how they got smashed. When it was all done - 7 or 8 minutes later (yes it went on this long) - the cops finally show up, too late.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****.

Sadly, you know they're talking about this **** - "DUDE, DID YOU SEE ME WAIL ON THAT DUDE? OMFG, I'M SO SWEET."

A life of either assrape in prison or mediocrity awaits them. They should be able to break those Nudies in pretty good.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Hahahaha. In cali you can't even accuse a patron of shoplifting until they leave the shop. So the skaters got away huh? Looks like they been watchin too much "KIDS."

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
Hahahaha. In cali you can't even accuse a patron of shoplifting until they leave the shop. So the skaters got away huh? Looks like they been watchin too much "KIDS."
Well, Atrium has a storm entrance as do many stores in NY (ad cold weather places). The kid was apprehended after passing the 'theft detectors' through the inner doors, but right b4 he could go through the main doors out on to the streets. But yup, in the end they got away, but not before swearing death to all. @ kronik, they fled w/o the nudies.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well that just makes them double-dumb.
wink.gif

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's ****** work from security, though. The loss of a pair of jeans is one thing. A giant mess, broken detectors, spilled blood, and the possibility of many lawsuits and worker's comp payouts is worth far more.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they got them on camera

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Word on the street is that it was some superfuture kids who don't know how to use the search button.

PreppyBoy

Reaction score
Working in Atrium years ago I can picture the whole fiasco
dozingoff.gif

Atrium never had enough Security for that store, and, the sales staff would
double up as Security on the floor.

I hope none of the Security I knew then, still works there when this occured..

Maybe they'll wise up and hire more security now.

tangerine

Reaction score
shoreman, I think you're being facetious, but I was thinking, people like that give skaters a bad name.

I was a bit rough on concrete structures in my day, but shoplifting and assault were not part of the program.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics