1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Atlanta members tie alert

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., Jul 16, 2006.

1. whnay.

whnay. Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Charvet ties as low as $37.50 at Saks in Atlanta. Brioni priced at $52.50.

2. SGladwell

SGladwell Distinguished Member

Indeed. I picked up a couple of each, though why I don't know. I wear a tie about 2x/month max, and already have enough to two years without repeating...

3. whnay.

We're actually going back to suits so it was a great opportunity to stock up. Which ties did you end up going with...

4. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Distinguished Member

Charvet ties as low as $37.50 at Saks in Atlanta. Brioni priced at $52.50.

I was thinking about going to check out the Sak's sale today. I just might skip out of work early and go down there right now (I need to pick up some cables from the Circuit City across the street for work anyways [​IMG])

Karim

5. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

There were a bunch on the New York tables as well. The first one I picked up had a large stain - as I examined a few others to make sure they were stain-free I noticed most had some kind of pull, ranging from mild/barely noticeable to severe...[​IMG]

6. whnay.

There were a bunch on the New York tables as well. The first one I picked up had a large stain - as I examined a few others to make sure they were stain-free I noticed most had some kind of pull, ranging from mild/barely noticeable to severe...[​IMG]
    Yeah you've got to be careful with them. I noticed the same with many still on the table.

7. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Distinguished Member

Yeah you've got to be careful with them. I noticed the same with many still on the table.

I wasn't able to find any with that price, even asking the SA's. There were some Brioni's marked down to $65 that tempted me, but I was able to resist.

I'm going to hold out until I find the perfect navy pindot I have in my head [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

whnay,

Thanks for the heads up. I stopped by Saks today at Phipps and they had some Charvet still on sale. I was also impressed by the markdowns on Brunello Cucinelli cashmere. Not much in the shoe area but I have some high standards there. They took the sale Lorenzini shirts off the floor though.

Found some decent Pantherella cotton lisle socks for $13 at Nordstrom at Phipps. Cole Haan Imperial socks were on sale for $9.95 at Cole Haan.