• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Atlanta members tie alert

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Charvet ties as low as $37.50 at Saks in Atlanta. Brioni priced at $52.50.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed. I picked up a couple of each, though why I don't know. I wear a tie about 2x/month max, and already have enough to two years without repeating...

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We're actually going back to suits so it was a great opportunity to stock up. Which ties did you end up going with...

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Charvet ties as low as $37.50 at Saks in Atlanta. Brioni priced at $52.50.

I was thinking about going to check out the Sak's sale today. I just might skip out of work early and go down there right now (I need to pick up some cables from the Circuit City across the street for work anyways
smile.gif
)

Karim

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There were a bunch on the New York tables as well. The first one I picked up had a large stain - as I examined a few others to make sure they were stain-free I noticed most had some kind of pull, ranging from mild/barely noticeable to severe...
frown.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
There were a bunch on the New York tables as well. The first one I picked up had a large stain - as I examined a few others to make sure they were stain-free I noticed most had some kind of pull, ranging from mild/barely noticeable to severe...
frown.gif

Yeah you've got to be careful with them. I noticed the same with many still on the table.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Yeah you've got to be careful with them. I noticed the same with many still on the table.

I wasn't able to find any with that price, even asking the SA's. There were some Brioni's marked down to $65 that tempted me, but I was able to resist.

I'm going to hold out until I find the perfect navy pindot I have in my head
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
whnay,

Thanks for the heads up. I stopped by Saks today at Phipps and they had some Charvet still on sale. I was also impressed by the markdowns on Brunello Cucinelli cashmere. Not much in the shoe area but I have some high standards there. They took the sale Lorenzini shirts off the floor though.

Found some decent Pantherella cotton lisle socks for $13 at Nordstrom at Phipps. Cole Haan Imperial socks were on sale for $9.95 at Cole Haan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads