• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Athletic Thighs?

DMcG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Devil's Hands
*sigh*

At 5'11" and 230 lb, I have 31" thighs, 49" hips and a 34" waist. This is due to a confluence of genetics and a proclivity toward full, olympic style squats...and before you ask, yes, I know how to use a tape measure. A lot of us wrestlers are built similarly.

What I find is that a relaxed cut like a Levi's 550 fits like it was painted on. Forget about premium denim; their baggiest still doesn't have enough seat.

How do you find any pants that fit right? I'm about the same size as A. Harris and even being big I have to go a size up for pants to not be tight with 28" thighs.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I guess I would fall into "normal"... 5'11, 31" waist, 160 lbs, and 21.5" thighs (mixture of muscle and flab I suppose)...

So why is it that most jeans I try on squeeze the living daylights out of my thighs? I usually have to size up in the waist which leads to tightening things up with a belt... ugh.

the waist can be taken in. see a tailor. not me, just some tailor.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
the waist can be taken in. see a tailor. not me, just some tailor.

lol; what if they want to see you? :p

shuguru314

Reaction score
do any of my 20" + thigh guys have suggestions for nice fitting straight leg jeans ?
something fairly slim, but not tapered...not trying to look like a bowling pin :\\

smw356

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shuguru314
do any of my 20" + thigh guys have suggestions for nice fitting straight leg jeans ?
something fairly slim, but not tapered...not trying to look like a bowling pin :\\

do squats and lunges till the denim stretches

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have 24" thighs (6'1 220, football/weightlifting, etc) and have no issues wearing 5EP straights... they are cut fairly generously in the hip/thigh area and fit me quite well.

Here is a pic of me in the 5EP straights.

outfit7yh5.jpg

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do any of my 20" + thigh guys have suggestions for nice fitting straight leg jeans ? something fairly slim, but not tapered...not trying to look like a bowling pin :\\
RB6 are good on me; I have decent sized thighs and a pretty sizeable hindquarters. I've heard Nudie RR are good but I've never had the opportunity to try them myself, and as such, cannot recommend them.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys just plainly wear jeans w/ a belt that otherwise would fall off w/ a belt? 29" waist and larger than "expected" thighs suck for designer denim,.

smw356

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
Any of you guys just plainly wear jeans w/ a belt that otherwise would fall off w/ a belt? 29" waist and larger than "expected" thighs suck for designer denim,.

I've tried this, the ass can end up being droppy from stretching though especially if the jeans are antifitish to begin with. Then again the disparity in my thighs and waist is pretty massive since i have a 34 waist and 26 thighs so my next step up is a 36 usually which is baggy in the seat before stretching usually.

glenn

Reaction score
noone trumps me in height:thigh disproportion. 5'7, and 24 inch thighs. 170lbs.

The Devil's Hands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DMcG
How do you find any pants that fit right? I'm about the same size as A. Harris and even being big I have to go a size up for pants to not be tight with 28" thighs.

You pay a lot to have full reworking done. Even then it's not entirely correct. Just for reference, levi's 550 fits like a girl's tight jean, and the extra baggy silvertab fits like jeans are probably supposed to.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seen
Fairly normal, actually.
5 11/150 lbs. is hardly "normal" in America; it's downright skinny. Maybe in Asia it'd be about average (kinda tall though). I recently read somewhere that Americans are fatter than ever, and most other nations as well.

KingKongLives

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
5 11/150 lbs. is hardly "normal" in America; it's downright skinny. Maybe in Asia it'd be about average (kinda tall though). I recently read somewhere that Americans are fatter than ever, and most other nations as well.

yeah i know something has to be wrong when a size small is even baggy on me in the generic american brands.

... probably the fact that I'm NOT small at all haha

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
lol; what if they want to see you? :p

they cant im invisible.

very old song.
last night i saw upon the stair a little man that wasnt there.
he wasnt there again today.
oh how i wish he would go away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads