1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Athlete's Foot is Waking Me from REM Sleep

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by willpower, Dec 12, 2009.

1. TGPlastic

TGPlastic Well-Known Member

Why then is the dermatitis confined to your feet? I assume you washed all sorts of clothing in the new detergent. Seems like by now you should have experienced the terrible itching on other parts of your body like your balls.

2. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

Why then is the dermatitis confined to your feet? I assume you washed all sorts of clothing in the new detergent. Seems like by now you should have experienced the terrible itching on other parts of your body like your balls.
    He said the condition is restricted to the hands and feet for some reason. And he did say that they really don't know the cause. a condition in which small, itchy blisters develop on the hands and feet. Small fluid-filled blisters called vesicles appear on the hands and feet. They are most common along the edges of the fingers, toes, palms and soles. These blisters cause intense itching. The cause is unknown. The condition seems to appear during certain times of the year. If they were on my nutsack, I assure you I'd have been in the ER long ago. I don't mess around with the boys. It looks like this, except it's on the top of my toes. Scratched all the blisters open due to the itchiness. [​IMG]

3. AB01

AB01 Well-Known Member

Madonna says to piss on your athlete's foot.
    /threak

I remember she said this on Letterman. Doesn't work. Maybe just for some conditions.

4. Skipper538

Skipper538 New Member

Mine actually looks like that, in the photo of the fingers, ON my fingers, but never my toes. I was very surprised the first time someone told me it might be athlete's foot, b/c I had always thought that only happened on feet, and b/c hands get washed frequently and are always aired, so should have NO chance of getting this. Mine happens only when the weather gets hot (like now), doesn't itch, but it does burn a bit. I put a generic anti-fungal cream on it, seems to work so far.

5. Wooden Ruler

Wooden Ruler New Member

What you have is tinea pedis. I also have it. It is not your average athlete's foot as it can also spread to your hands and it consists of small vessicles. It is contagious but easily healed if treated early. Some doctors may say it's eczema, some may say it's scabies but I think yours is fungal. You should try using Candazole. If the name of a medicine has a cort after its name (eg. Candacort) it's a steroid. You should NEVER EVER use steroid creams because it thins your skin and when you stop using it your infection comes back 10 times worse. If Candazole doesn't work use Monoconazole. If THAT doesn't work then you've got a very serious case and you'll need to use Ketokonazole which is very strong. Try soaking the infected areas in 1% potassium pemanganate for about 10 minutes. If both your feet have the infection then use separate containers to soak. Also... DON'T SCRATCH. I know, it's extremely itchy but it might also spread to your hands. Don't go swimming and don't go into damp public areas with bare feet. I hope that this reply will help you.:)

PS. You should continue the treatment even after the itching and vessicles are gone because they might strike back...