Atelier Musella Dembech - Master Tailor in Milano, Italy - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Musella, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Musella

Musella Senior member

[​IMG]

Our own style, doppio 4 buttons and patched pockets

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

3. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

That really is lovely.

4. kulata

kulata Senior member

5. Musella

Musella Senior member

6. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

Here is a jacket made by Musella for me. Style is a personal issue however i can easily say that this is one of the best fit coat that i got from tailors in Italy. I have also suits made by three different tailors in Naples but communication is really hard with them. Language is not only issue, Solito doesn't speak english but he's easy to communicate, he's telling you what he's doing(i really like the DB he did for me), you may want it or don't want it you can discuss. Some tailors just fit for you and didn't say anything at all you really don't know what you are getting. (i definitely won't return to other two)
    In any case if you like milanese style, it worth to give a try to Musella. His work is of highest quality, personal and real bespoke. If you need further info just send me a pm.

[​IMG]

7. mactire

mactire Senior member

Looks very nice, like the checks matched. Is that a keyhole buttonhole on the lapel?

8. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

Great looking jacket, lovely lapel roll! Are there any significant differences between this jackets and the Napoli counter parts in your opinion ?

9. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

Yes it's a keyhole buttonhole... All details on the jacket are just amazing.. very very nice finish.

10. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

Napoli jackets are completely different than this jacket. You can read hundred of posts about difference between two jackets but you really can not understand without trying both (i am skipping details like shoulders shape, open quarters etc. which is written everywhere)... Napoli jackets are worn very close to the body. They are light when you wear it in the sense that it covers your body, however they are not light in weight, the canvas used in napoli suits seems to me soft but not thin. In milanese jacket it's more hard but not that heavy. Milanese jacket is light weight but as canvas is more harder the jacket has more SHAPE. Milanese jacket has really a nice shape.
    Construction is different as well, Musella will give better details for sure but least i can say is during fitting, napoli jackets are basted everywhere, in milanese jacket canvas is sewn only in some places (where there are darts etc).
    Again you really need to wear them to feel the difference. it's really not shoulders or open quarters that make difference, it's the inner construction and the way of construction that make difference.

11. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

Thanks for your review! We don't have enough information on this board regarding tailors north of Italy compare to Napoli.

I really like the look of Musella's jackets and it's good to hear you had a great experience with them. I am definitely going to consider them when I can get myself to Milan for a fitting.

12. dan'l

dan'l Senior member

I cannot believe I haven't seen this thread before! Great looking coat!

13. Musella

Musella Senior member

[​IMG]

Our SB house cut: Mohair hopsack unlined blazer with unlined sleeves and italian handcrafted mother of pearl buttons

14. vinveritas

vinveritas Senior member

15. mans72

mans72 Well-Known Member