• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At what age did you start acting maturely

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
I gave it up for Lent, and I am not even Catholic.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
There are underlying assumptions in some of these posts that (a) acting immaturely is a bad thing and that (b) maturity is a progression. As I approach the beginning of my 6th decade I can assure you all that neither of these things is necessarily true.
Agree with (a); unsure what you mean by (b). If you mean maturity is not a constant, regular progression, then I agree. If you mean that not everyone progressively acts more maturely, that's also true. However, I would say that I am progressively more satisfied with my life, more content, and more able to react to situations in ways I consider appropriate, whether that means getting down on the floor to play with a child, posting a dumbass comment in the DT forum, or putting on my professional face and mediating a dispute between two subordinates in a calm, reasoned and professional way.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I "grew up" fairly promptly within a year long period at 22. Things just suddenly started to click. I basically started to modify my life in a way that made the pursuit of happiness autonomous rather than dependent on external circumstances or people beyond my control. Removing expectations and timelines for things like wealth, career advancement, material possessions, and relationships was really important. I shed my old circle of friends in the process, but it's made me much more content. The things I take satisfaction out of now are becoming more and more mundane and simple. Time is the foolproof method for parallax.
teacha.gif

spb_lady

Reaction score
I'm kind of feel, that I'm not even near there yet...
facepalm.gif

I think most people start acting really maturely only after they become parents. It's a very important life experience that changes accents and points of view on the world.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Behaviorally i think im still working on it

Regarding responsibility right around when i got married

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
matters the situation. i can be more mature with money etc then a lot of people much older then me who throw it away like nothing. yet on the other hand if you had a conversation with me and heard some of my jokes youd probably think i was just a ridiculously good lookign 15 year old.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads