1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

At the risk of looking stupid - are these cufflinks (pic)?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SFA, Aug 21, 2011.

1. SFA

SFA Senior member

The inside of whatever these things read "Colibri Japan". Now these came with a box full of cuff links/tie clips and pins that were bought from an auction.

I am not sure if these are cufflinks or what they are.

Anyone know?

[​IMG]

2. Dom_P

Dom_P Member

I believe they are button covers

3. WildeMan

WildeMan Senior member

Is the part that connects the two sides a hinge? If so, I think that they are button covers. You slip the part with the hole underneath the button and clasp the top over.

It's a way of making a button cuff look like a french cuff. Normally, they look pretty tacky, but I've seen worse than those.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  4. SFA

SFA Senior member

Actually you are exactly right they are button covers! These don't actually look too bad I guess, but I don't know why on earth someone would wear these to make a normal cuff shirt a little more formal..