1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

At last: A suit that really worked.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lydia, Apr 19, 2005.

1. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I held them side by side and the difference was YSL was fused, Prada was canvassed.

And this was when I was like sober dude.

2. hermes

hermes Senior member

i own one ysl rg suit and it's fully canvassed; so they're not all fused

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Lydia, in any case, its great that you found a suit that fits you the way you like (for the most part). A viable option is to buy a suit like that one that may not feature precisely all of the features you want (although $1500 is a big investment - maybe snag one from YOOX or FB for a lot less), then use that as a template to get a more business-oriented suit made. I can't think of anything specific of YSL RG suits that a good tailor would not be able to replicate, it's not like telling them to perfect the neopolitan sillhouette. BTW, if you find a Jil Sander suit for $150 at Filene's again (and it happens to be a 46/36) - PM ME. [​IMG]

4. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Who cares if it's fused? What's the difference?

5. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Well Lydia, PM me first, and I'll give you an extra $50... [​IMG] On a side note, very hard to get good deals from yoox anymore, most of the nice stuff in small sizes is sold at full (yoox) price very quickly [​IMG] . This is especially true since they started shipping to japan & the USA. Ah, the good old days ... [​IMG] .luc

6. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I wonder if YSL is the same story as Prada: hit or miss. I have the same luck with Isaia. Regardless of the label, some are fused, some are canvassed, and there does not seem to be rhyme or reason.