Astral Weeks - Van Morrison

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by TheRookie, Feb 28, 2005.

1. TheRookie

TheRookie Senior member

I was ordering old Jackson Browne albums off of Amazon and ended up looking at this album. The Amazon reviews make it out to be the greatest musical creation in history. Any thoughts on whether or not I should pick it up? Is it really a divine creation of harmonic genius?

2. sam

sam Senior member

Trying to determine the greatest album ever has lead to many shoutouts, bar fights, and wars. That being said, "Astral Weeks" is a great album and I'd recommend it. I really like "Sweet Thing" and "The Way Young Lovers Do". Save some money---you can probably get it on half.com for like $5.

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Astral Weeks is good, but I've never thought it was Morrison's best; I've always preferred Moondance. A good way to sample music is to use your public library: check out the cd and if you like it, go buy it or "acquire the tracks in some other legal fashion." [​IMG]

4. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

I never thought I'd see the words "Van Morrison" and "great" in the same sentence. Takes all kinds I guess.

5. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

I used to think that way too, but then I started listening to 'Tupelo Honey' and 'Moondance.' Now I understand what all the fuss was about. Check them out if you have a chance.

A.