• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aston Martin's new owner revealed.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Um, no. You are thinking of Bentley (and RR for that matter, new Phantom = pure ugliness). Jon.
Nope. I am thinking of Aston Martin. All of the people who I know who drive them are more cash than class. I started a thread in the CE section about one of them
devil.gif
. Anyway, I think that the current model is butt ugly, but to each his own.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Wow, this really sucks.
LVMH better not screw up the classic Aston Martin brand, not to mention it bothers me that a French company is purchasing one of Britain's best automakers.

Like I said above, wow, this really sucks.

Brian

Payback for Waterloo
biggrin.gif
?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that anything is better than Ford? For the AM there is no where to go but up.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Am I the only one who thinks that anything is better than Ford? For the AM there is no where to go but up.

Ford, at least, left the company to do what it wants. LVMH will milk the brand for all it's worth. They're a marketing company, not a car company. I don't expect them to know diddly-squat about making cars. They'll find a way to cross promote their other bling-bling products with AM customers, thereby cheapen the brand. The only reason why LVMH is interested in the brand is because AM has just started to become a viable business again, with great brand appeal (see the latest 007 movie). On the other hand, Ford is bleeding money out of all of its orifices, so it needs cash right now. It's really unfortunate.

The bright side to this is hopefully, in a few years, LVMH will have run the brand to the ground, and the company will enter bankruptcy. Some car enthusiast will come in and buy the company on the cheap.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
And then it'll probably become aanother TVR.

Maybe, but I'll buy a TVR anytime over anything LVMH is peddling anyday.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Nope. I am thinking of Aston Martin. All of the people who I know who drive them are more cash than class. I started a thread in the CE section about one of them
devil.gif

Anyway, I think that the current model is butt ugly, but to each his own.

Presuming I ever get one, I would hope to be the exception.

Regards,
Huntsman

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Presuming I ever get one, I would hope to be the exception.
Hey, would you, uh, be thinking of getting rid of your XJS? I really wouldn't mind taking it off your hands, friend. Drop me a line sometime
smile.gif

Brian

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh. As much as I'd like to help a brother out...the old Jag will always be my favorite car -- I've wanted one since I was six. If you happen to really love your first, it is particularly persistent.

But you're welcome to contact my heirs, when the time comes.
laugh.gif

Regards,
Huntsman

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is simply another shred of evidence that the decline of humanity is nigh.

UMass

Reaction score
Selling AM to a non automotive based company is indeed sad news.
However, if LVMH group lets Ford/AM run the automotive division and keeps to the marketing and financial division AM may be ok.

LVMH definitely knows the luxury market segment. Let's hope the Chinese do not purchase AM.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ford has done a great job with AM. AM is profitable (for the first time ever, really) and has great looking cars and a much better reputation that they once did. I think LV might have a chance at not screwing things up as long as they don't change things too much and whore out the brand like the dirty, dirty marketing pimps that they are.

Jon.

King Salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
This is simply another shred of evidence that the decline of humanity is nigh.
Aren't you a little young to be so pessimistic? Cheer up, emo kid!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Salmon
Aren't you a little young to be so pessimistic? Cheer up, emo kid!

lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads