1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Aspirin/Baking Soda Paste

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dufferin1, Nov 25, 2012.

1. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Hi guys.

Did some research on the dreaded yellow collar ring and heard some advice about making a paste with either Aspirin and water or vinegar and baking soda. Do these work at all or am I better off simply using the Oxi Clean spray or even the stain bar I have?

Mario

2. circumspice

circumspice Senior member

There is an old thread kicking around about using the powdered oxiclean. I endorse the method, although I didn't do the vinegar (I think) portion. Basically, one scoop of oxiclean into a cup of hot water, make a highly concentrated solution, and apply to impacted areas. Brought the sleeve cuffs on a windbreaker to like new condition

3. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

I think I may do this. The issue I saw in that thread was the constant soaking in hot water and was concerned about shrinkage. Instead I think I may just do the solution.

Thanks
    Mario

4. konoyaro

konoyaro Senior member

If the ring is from sweat and body oil from recent wear try some mild, preferably clear and relatively unscented shampoo on the collar stain. Baby shampoo will work for this method too. Wet the collar where the stain is, work in a small amount of the shampoo along the stain with your finger or a soft bristle toothbrush that you're no longer using. Let it sit for a few minutes to absorb then wet your finger or brush and agitate gently again. Wash the shirt in the laundry as usual.
    The above method has worked for me and has proven a good place to start before trying more harsh treatments like vinegar & baking soda, kaboom or whatnot.

5. Rich0116

Rich0116 Senior member