• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asos Suits—should I go for it?

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
Based entirely on my experience with their underpants and pyjama bottoms I'd say that the quality of Asos's own brand stuff is not great.

Also, you seem to have provided a link to a carrot fit chino suit and I don't agree with the whole carrot fit business anyway.

So it's a no from me.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a shirt and a pea-coat, from Asos. Quality is not great! :/ Do not buy..! I would say, get into the 100's bracket with some kind of A.P.C.-esque jacket—the quality will be much greater! (I hate that model—what a douchey looking guy!) How about this: http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...tml?cid=133635 If you want a summer suit, I would go with seersucker or linen, imo.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's not a suit, but I can't buy it, this month
frown.gif
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNWT-William-H...812251ffe31f2c I own William Hunt stuff, and this is a great deal! Sucks there aren't any trousers, though! :/

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought one for a fancy dress party actually. Perfectly suited to that occasion, but they are really very poor quality. Not only was the fit a joke, but the material felt was so horrible that touching it made me feel a little bit sick.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks dreadful, no style whatever and likely to be badly made and the other comments confirm a massive no.

esoterica2006

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
I know it's not a suit, but I can't buy it, this month
frown.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNWT-William-H...812251ffe31f2c

I own William Hunt stuff, and this is a great deal! Sucks there aren't any trousers, though! :/

TKMaxx has loads of these William Hunt seersucker jackets at the moment, all for under £60. In fact, I may go as far as saying that is the source of this ebayer's auction.

Ivar

Reaction score
To ASOS credit, their quality is about on par with the exorbitantly priced Topman.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivar
To ASOS' credit, their quality is about on par with, the exorbitantly priced, Topman.
Topman. *shivers
Originally Posted by esoterica2006
TKMaxx has loads of these William Hunt seersucker jackets, at the moment, all for under £60. In fact, I may go as far as saying, that is the source of this eBayer's auction.
Really?! Wonder how I can cop that?!

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by esoterica2006
TKMaxx has loads of these William Hunt seersucker jackets at the moment, all for under £60. In fact, I may go as far as saying that is the source of this ebayer's auction.

I think you might be right!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The whole "carrot fit" look is so wildly unflattering that it's a mystery to me why anyone likes it, or why it's still alive and kicking. Surely this will end up as the bellbottoms or leisure suit of our era when we look back at 2010s fashion a decade from now.

CJones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivar
To ASOS credit, their quality is about on par with the exorbitantly priced Topman.
That might be true for most of Topman's merchandise, but the slim fit chinos I own feel absolutely wonderful and have held up a hell of a lot better than any J. Crew chinos I own. I'm not saying that J. Crew is top notch either, but they are similarly priced.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Thanks"”I kind of knew this much but wasn't entirely willing to acknowledge it. Does anybody have ideas for similarly priced suits or blazers but better quality? The issue is that I am a 34-36 chest, so even the nicest suits linked here are too big for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads